cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connectivity on the Thomson V8

MacronX
Grafter

Re: Wireless connectivity on the Thomson V8

Fair enough, but do you have any contacts there or anything or does anyone from Plusnet actually come on here?
I'm not complaining about Plusnet's service at all, haven't tried them yet. It's just from years of experience of dealing with things like this I can foresee hours of explaining the problem over the phone and I really don't have time for it right now.  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is unlikely that there will be a rep on until Monday
MacronX
Grafter

That's fine, can live with it until then, was just checking.
I hope they can do the right thing and just get this sorted for everyone, if not I'm assuming there's a cancellation period for us new customers?  Smiley
iszio

Device : Laptop
Make : Apple MacBook
Issue : psw not recognised, connection through ethernet looks ok
barky
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I really hope so as it is a major problem.
In my opinion they shouldn't have used such a rubbish manufacturer in the first place - /runs and hides rapidly
that seems all too true the more I read now - PN could have an easier time & get more to join up if they could supply a broadband wireless router that actually works, old PN supplied Dlink that recently expired always connected & stayed connected - I do suspect however PN has 100's & 100's of these wretched thompson routers in stock  Shocked Shocked
Think i'll end up having the thompson one as an emergency spare - which until it gets reprogrammed or replaced is having to get reset more than once a day
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why not ask Plusnet to send a test router - FOC.
They paid for postage both ways when I did that, some time ago, (you might have to ask for a bag to return the worst router in).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mostarnick

New plusnet customer using Apple Macbook, time machine and HP wireless printer, continual drop out problems, when asked for password it says it's invalid even though it's correct, time machine wont connect, printer says it's offline, have had a network engineer friend look at it and even he cant fix it, absolute garbage.
Cant get any support from plusnet, support call waiting times are unbelievable. Really regret leaving Talk Talk. Cant even get through to demand my money back.
volcano

I have problems with my wireless Thomson V8
My wireless devices (2 laptops and an AOI wireless printer) will not work properly unless I log into the router through the IP address, then go into configure the Wireless Access Point and press apply.
I have to do this every time I start up the computer, even though I don't actually change any of the settings.
The security settings are set to WPA,
as for using WLAN to connect to mobile phones .... forget it, it either asks for the share code and then doesn't recognize it or doesn't want to know at all.
volcano

Angry
dick:quote
barky
Grafter

Quote from: A
Why not ask Plusnet to send a test router - FOC.
They paid for postage both ways when I did that, some time ago, (you might have to ask for a bag to return the worst router in).
certainly a possibility, so long as test router isnt a thomson -- as I'm fairly certain the gremlin is somewhere in the thomson firmware
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Joanne
Hi mostarnick,
We've a software upgrade we can perform remotely to resolve the macbook wireless issue. I'll raise a ticket to have it done for you.
Jojo Smiley

Does this apply to v7 routers as well and when is it being rolled out to all users
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MacronX,
I have raised a ticket to have the software upgraded on the router. This will cure your issue.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi iszio,
I have raised a ticket to have the software upgraded on the router. This will cure your issue.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi XRN,
Jojo Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's better said 3 times.  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."