cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Would BT Wholesale Speed Test Always Return an Error?

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Why Would BT Wholesale Speed Test Always Return an Error?

Hi,
Since I moved to Plusnet in the summer, the BT Wholesale speed test has always returned an error when accessing the "additional diagnostics" after the first test.  The error is "The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."  It comes up every time.  Is this a Plusnet thing, because it used to work from here with our former ISP (same IPstream Max service)?  I would hope not since they ask for the information from this test during some of their support processes (but then again ...).  I did report it, but the report got misunderstood in some way, and since the support processes easily get derailed by mentioning side issues, I haven't raised the issue again.
Anyone see similar, or does it normally work? 
7 REPLIES 7
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Why Would BT Wholesale Speed Test Always Return an Error?

Quote from: aesmith
Is this a Plusnet thing, .........

I don't think it is to do with Plus Net, as mine just worked fine for both the tests.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It is something that affects quite a few people. It's not something that's been specifically identified with a particular reason afaik. One of Plusnet's CRT needs to take this up with BTw so that it can be resolved for you. Do you have an open ticket on this? If so, the ticket number might help them.
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Yes, I do have a ticket 113969839.  This issue was raised early on in the fault, back in Sep or Oct, but nothing was done at the time.  I haven't pressed the point as there are more serious issues to be addressed and it's all too easy for it to go off at a tangent.   
mikehvy
Dabbler

I don't know if you are on 20CN and this may be a coincidence but I had the same error with the speedtest last month. Then this month I noticed my ASDL max G.992.1 had changed to G.992.5 so had been upgraded to 21CN Smiley  After this upgrade the speedtest results work again along with the exrtra upload info.
Anotherone
Champion

The speedtest works on a lot of 20CN lines, that isn't the problem.
mikehvy
Dabbler

I know that and mine used to work until last month then it had the error report . I did say it may be a coincidence that it ceased to work just before the upgrade.
Anotherone
Champion

Probably coincidence, there certainly hasn't seemed to be any obvious pattern and no-one from Plusnet has mentioned why this happens even if they ever discovered what the reasons were.