Did you mean: 

WPS light constantly flashing on router

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: WPS light constantly flashing on router

Hi,

Wireless mouse & keyboard are completely different to wifi.  They are blue-tooth connected direct to you printer.  Either the battery is on the way put or something (usually a big metal or electrical object) is interfering with the signal.  A friend of mine recent changed their office table ... computer box underneath, mouse and keyboard on top ... and could not understand why on the metal table they did not work, but did on their lap! Grin

WiFi routers are usually set to automatically choose the 'best' wireless channel.  In this mode they constantly review the wifi channel usage and will dynamically switch if there is a 'better' one.  I have seen printers in such an environment 'drop off' the network because they do not follow the channel change.  I have found that setting the router to a fixed wifi channel negates that problem.  Choose 1, 6 or 11.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

widgetwilk39
Dabbler

Re: WPS light constantly flashing on router

Just to let you know, panic over, my son came and I had the Wi Fi turned off, so now all is working again, thanks for all your help.