cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 210 problem

Mav
Fixes: 515

Voyager 210 problem

My mother, also a PN customer, has been having connection problems this morning.
One of the things she mentioned is that the 210 power light is flashing red. From what I can gleam this means that a firmware upgrade is in progress but my mother wouldn't have actioned this.
The flashing red light has been going on for some while now. A reboot has not helped. Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Voyager 210 problem

Sounds to me like it's on its way out Sad
I'd go with a factory reset followed by a firmware upgrade if that doesn't work. Is the router less than a year old?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mav

Thanks for thye reply, Bob.
She got the router May last year when I upgraded her to BBYW1.
I'll try the factory reset first and see what happens.
Just spoken to my mother on the phone and she had left the router off for over two hours.
I told her to do a factory reset, which she did. The status is now a flashing red Power LED, a flashing green Internet LED and the remaining LEDS a static green including the USB although she is connected by Ethernet!
If it's dying just over a year of use does PN have a replacement option?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

It seems that the router has had it's day.
My mother still has the Voyager 105 which was suppkied when she originally subscribed to BB+.
IIRC this modem is USB and used software to connect to PlusNet each time she wished to use ut. Can this modem still be used for BBYW1 and can it be set to be permantly on as soon as the PC has finished booting or does the previous Login software have to be re-installed.
Any help appreciated.

prichardson
Grafter

Yup.
The Voyager 105 can be used without any problems. Do be aware, it will need to be Windows XP and not Vista for this to be usable.
Based on the description of the LEDs, the Voyager 210 has seen the last of its life. Does powering it off at the wall socket for 30 minutes assist at all? (must be the wall, to allow the psu to cool at well) This will suggest if it is a heat problem.
Mav

Thanks Phil.
It was totally unplugged over night.
I went to my mother's today and confirmed it's demise.
A quick call to PN and a replacement router is being sent as we speak. It did mean being tied to another 12 months with PN but neither myself or my mother have any intentions of jumping ship anyway. Smiley
Meanwhile, the old 105 is working fine just a pain being USB and having to connect manually each time the PC is powered up.
THanks again.