Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very, very unhappy customer

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Very, very unhappy customer

Well hopefully they will do a copper test and confirm the fault which I assume you still have when connected to the test socket?
esberger2012
Dabbler

The router and phone have been connected to the test socket for the last month or so.
Anotherone
Champion

And the phone fault is still present? Do you have a spare filter handy in case it's required?
If you need to change it, disconnect your Internet session in the modem/router interface first and then power it down before unplugging from the line.
This helps prevent the DLM from thinking you have a dropping connection.
It would be best to confirm the phone fault is present with the phone plugged directly into the test socket without a filter at the appropriate time.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi esberger2012,
I've just sent you a PM with regards to the faults that you have mentioned.
Anotherone
Champion

And as you now have that good chap Chris Pettitt on the case, he should be able to sort it out for you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi esberger2012,
Thanks for your PM back. It looks as though you have a Telephone Fault, with this type of fault, it would require an engineers visit. My advice would be to call our Customer Support Centre ASAP to get an engineer booked to have this problem resolved ASAP.
I'm happy to personally keep an eye on this for you to make sure that the fault gets cleared and that if there are any other issues, you can simply come back to me and I'll get you sorted out.

Contact Details:
From Landline: 0800 432 0200
From Mobile:    0345 432 0200
esberger2012
Dabbler

Thanks for the response to this problem. Chris has kindly took charge of this fault and is working to solve it.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Exactly the same fault as I had earlier this year - proved to be a badly frayed cable outside where it entered the BT junction box. .Water was getting into the cable and causing shorts.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've got an engineer booked now, hopefully this should resolve the issue. I'll be keeping a close eye on it anyhow.
esberger2012
Dabbler

An engineer visited this morning and found 'the fault'. The problem lies with the cabling just outside my house. After doing a bunch of test the engineer said he was surprised I had a connection at all! The cable is totally shot at and is going to be replaced. There are contractors already getting to work as I speak.
I'd like to thank Plusnet (in particular Chris) for getting this sorted and hopefully the new cable will bring joy instead of hours of frustration 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really glad to hear that's been resolved. I'll make sure Chris knows that you've said that, cheers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
esberger2012
Dabbler

Firstly, sorry for bumping this topic.
Secondly, thank you to Plusnet for sorting out this issue, seeing as BT were totally hopeless.
Thirdly, since the new line has been in things haven't particularly improved. Line attenuation is the same as before and I'm still getting a lot of errors. Sync speed is down and I can't use the diagnostics at http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ to check IP profile.
Router Stats:
Uptime: 1 day, 1:56:30
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Channel mode: Interleave
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 808 / 1,664
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 1,600
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/GB]: 0.00 / 1.80
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 17.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.5 / 63.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 15.0 / 9.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / P
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 65,550 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 65,544 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 31 / 210,936
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 21 / 911
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 35 / 4,418
Anotherone
Champion

Did you have an SNR Reset after your line repair? Your lower sync speed seem to be due to the noise margin being higher. It looks as though the Target may be 9dB rather than 6dB.