Very Slow Internet Speed

FIXED
saidalinneagoe
Dabbler

Very Slow Internet Speed

Unlimited Fibre Extra  

Telephone:
<Redacted>

I got speeds over 50 Mbps now I get under 10 Mbps this is the worst internet I have seen.

Moderator's note:
All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules. All caps title changed as per Forum rules. Post released from automatic spam filter. Personal information removed but still visible to Plusnet staff.
19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: VERY SLOW INTERNET SPEED !!!!

@saidalinneagoe 

For Community members to be able to help, information from these sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband Availability Checker (obscuring your phone number), where a landline phone is no longer supplied or known use the address version BT Broadband Address Availability (obscuring your address)

BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS'. This test is recommended to be performed with only one device connected.

Sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would also be of help.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

Where the phone line is still active, it may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
saidalinneagoe
Dabbler

Screenshot_5-4-2024_04624_speedtest.btwholesale.com.jpegScreenshot_5-4-2024_03958_192.168.1.254.jpegScreenshot_5-4-2024_04430_192.168.1.254.jpeg

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@saidalinneagoe 

Report a fault:

Report your problem by text message

Our text service is available 24 hours every day.  

Text HELP for broadband or Text PHONE for home phone to 07800008121 (charges may apply at your standard rate)

• We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot
  • If no engineer’s needed, our UK based support team will call you within 30 mins to help sort the problem
  • Call backs available Mon-Sun: 8am to 7.30pm

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

saidalinneagoe
Dabbler

I don t have a corded phone I did all possible tests. I believe the issue is somewhere on the line I tried even a different  adsl moodem.

jab1
Legend

@saidalinneagoe  The data in the first of your Hubs Technical log shots is incomplete - what are your noise margins, please? Or you could just use the links provided by @Baldrick1 , which would save me bothering to try and help.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saidalinneagoe wrote:

Screenshot_5-4-2024_03958_192.168.1.254.jpeg

@saidalinneagoe 

Can you re-do the above screenshot in such a way that the Plusnet banner doesn't obscure the info @jab1 needs.

You don't need to capture the entire page, just the section from "DSL uptime:" down to "Data sent / received:"

Thanks

saidalinneagoe
Dabbler

Screenshot_7-4-2024_183718_192.168.1.254.jpeg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @saidalinneagoe 

I can see you have a fault open with us at present and we need to arrange for a Openreach visit to your property.

Can you respond to the ticket on your account so we can get this organised

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@saidalinneagoe Thanks for full information - makes life much easier. From the above, it appears you have a DSL drop around two days ago? What is the 'uptime' showing on your 'broadband - internet' tab please? and can you export your event log and attach it to a post,. Your noise margin looks OK, but your data rate figures tell a story - something has caused DLM to throttle your connection to achieve stability.

Your data transfer figures look very high, but I don't know when they get reset.

Sight of the Event Log may prove interesting.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 75

@jab1 

I think you mean the >Home >Status.

Network uptime: this will details how long the broadband user has been logged in 

System uptime: this will details how long the Hub has been powered on

However if you look at post 3, that information has already been provided.

The data usage resets to zero on DSL, PPPoE connection or reboot

HTH

Edit: on checking again I see post 3 shows 6 hour uptime, the last post shows  just under 2 days

jab1
Legend

Thanks @Dan_the_Van I have problems getting my head round the H2, having never used one in anger, but post #3 and post #8 don't seem to compute?

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 75

@jab1 

Problem is the post 3 is missing important data, also depends when it was taken. maybe 36 hours ago 🤔

The event logs will reveal when the Hub last started

Have a good evening, I'm done for the day.

jab1
Legend

Exactly, @Dan_the_Van . Same to you, and I think I'll bring my 'posting holiday' forward by 5 days - I need a break! 😀

John
saidalinneagoe
Dabbler

Screenshot_7-4-2024_183718_192.168.1.254.jpeg