Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage

FIXED
temp
Dabbler

Usage

How can I check my internet usage?

I'm moving and might have to be without a phone line for a while. Looking into buying a wireless router using payg data cards and wondering how much that's going to cost to replace broadband.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Usage

Fix

One way is to hope one of the Plusnet Help Team spot this and provide the information. The other way, providing you have not had a re-sync for a long time is to check on you Hubs Help Desk - that will show your up-time and upload/download totals - divide the combined U/L and D/L figure by the number of days, which should give you a daily average.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@temp 

I suspect that you will find that Plusnet no longer record usage on unlimited connections.

If you can receive O2 mobile then consider a GiffGaff SIM.  https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-deals?ggCampaign=PS_G_Brand_Exact_Brand-Pure&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyYm...  If works on a monthly contract and they have excellent deals on 'Goodybags' at the moment. You can change the Goodybag from one amount to another on a monthly basis and renew one if it runs out of data whenever you like. The only rule is that they expire after a month. I would start small and see how long it lasts and if it runs out after say a couple of weeks then buy one for twice the capacity.

I use GiffGaff in my mobile phone, which I rarely use. I keep a float of money in the account but don't have a continuous Goodybag, instead paying the more expensive non Goodybag rate if I need to make a call. If I am going away and know I will need to make calls and/or use data I simply take a Goodybag for one month, it's very flexible. In this case the only rule is that you have to make a call/use some data every 6 months to keep the number live. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

temp
Dabbler

the hub seems to only collect my data from this morning and then reset (probably because I switch off at night?) but that's enough to get an idea. Thanks!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@temp - I would seriously suggest you don't switch the Hub off at night. Its power consumption is minimal, it is designed to be  on 24/7  and you could induce the DLM to think you have a problem, when you don't.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @temp

The graph below shows how much data you've both uploaded and downloaded over the course of the month for November. Hopefully this gives you some sort of idea Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
temp
Dabbler

I officially declare you the PlusNet Champion. Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Adam may be Plusnet Champion, but I'll always be Plusnet Gandalf. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Credit where it's due, it was actually @Gandalf who showed me how to access broadband usage data some time ago!

More tan happy to help @temp  Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds