cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Pro

Machinedoctor
Grafter

Upgrading to Pro

I have been on BB+ for the past 4 years and have mostly stayed on it becasue of the long off peak hours.  However the family is using more peak time now and I get very close or go over the 4GB peak allowance.
I am intrigued as to why the blurb for the Pro option says it is ideal for occasional gaming in the speed comparison, yet the speed is supposed to be line speed.
Also if I upgrade now (month ends today) am I tied into a long contract or should I wait until 22nd?
Cheers.
Chris.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upgrading to Pro

Why not try value first and no you won't be tied into a long contact
Machinedoctor
Grafter

I had considered Pro because I do a reasonable amount of downloading.  I am also in the fortunate position of being able to use the internet during the day, which is why I stuck with BB+.  My son has discovered the Bill Gates Live money making scam, so I assume that the pro option would be better for this.
paulby
Grafter

I am intrigued as to why the blurb for the Pro option says it is ideal for occasional gaming in the speed comparison,

...particularly when it's a package aimed at gamers!!  (or it was in it's previous incarnation, BBYW Pro.)
I think the descriptions for Pro and Unlimited may have been reversed on the page you're referring to:) If they're not then perhaps the wording "occasional gaming" needs updating!
Machinedoctor
Grafter

I'd just started to go thru the upgrade process and it wants to charge £27.87 for the change - it states this is for the line rental and call plan - these aren't changing.
What's this all about?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

an automated cock up - either raise a ticket or wait for a rep to pick it up  Crazy
Machinedoctor
Grafter

I hadn't completed the process as I was unhappy with the charge.
Should I go for it and then raise a ticket.
4GB is now up and the speed is correspondingly slow.
Impatiently, I wish to upgrae tonight, but I want to be sure that I won't have to pay the extra charge.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The upgrade would normally happen on your next billing date.
If you want to try getting it earlier I suggest phoning support on the 0114 296 5198 which will get you through to Sheffield who may be able to help
Machinedoctor
Grafter

Thanks for the advice.
My billing month is from tomorrow, so it seems appropriate to change now.
I have paid the £27.87 and have raised a ticket.