cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusable Rural Internet

ruralchaos

Unusable Rural Internet

Hi...our rural internet has always been slow but in the past few weeks it has become ridiculously unstable. We have three devices in the home - a Windows 10 laptop; a laptop running Linux Ubuntu; and an Android tablet. We have a Technicolor router (Plusnet-supplied) with two BT Homespot adapters/boosters. Main symptoms are:

• internet access keeps dropping out and remains down for up to a minute - this is happening several times a day, sometimes several times an hour
  • continually need to flushdns on windows 10 laptop - new issue in past week since reinstalling windows
  • constant and increased buffering on streaming platforms, such as BBC iplayer or BT Sport (incidentally supplied through Plusnet).

Any advice on improving any or all of the above to at least get us back to having an internet we can use and rely on?

Many thanks in advance Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Unusable Rural Internet

You could do with posting your router stats, and check on speeds reported too on the BT Wholesale test- link below.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unusable Rural Internet

Thanks for your post @ruralchaos and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having a lot of connection issues.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a fault, what's known as a "Battery Contact", so I've raised this across to our suppliers, and we've been given an estimated response time of by 16/02/22 23:59:59 for an engineer to investigate.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more via the support ticket I've logged on your account Here but feel free to post back with how it goes and if you need any further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet