cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable line; frustrating situation!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Unstable line; frustrating situation!

Quote from: birinji
Bump

@birinji please read this forum rule http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_bump
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
birinji
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your reply, always appreciated. Your feedback ties in with the generic response to the open case, this forum works better as we get a more granular response.
We will await BT to attend tomorrow.
FYI, my father received a call from BT yesterday and they were asking whether they could close the open case. The very fact that they had the audacity to even ask would indicate a serious break down in communication between yourselves (PlusNet) and BTOR. If I were the ISP I would be reviewing this as a matter of interest.
Strat, I apologies for the bump I was unaware it wasn't forum etiquette.
Regards,
Dan
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Quote from: Strat
Quote from: birinji
Bump

@birinji please read this forum rule http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_bump

Strat,
Whilst I understand the very good reasons for not permitting threads to be "bumped", could you please advise how someone should correctly bring an unresponded to thread (which might have descended to page 2 or 3) back into focus for DCT or other thread contributors?
I rarely look beyond page 2 for threads of interest on 3-4 forums.  DCT are looking at all of the forums and if they need to look past page 1 (let alone 2) it is not surprising that some 'in-flight' threads can get over-looked.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

You can drop any one of us a PM if there's a thread which hasn't been updated within an reasonable amount of time, such as this thread was Smiley
birinji
Dabbler

Hi,
BT have attended site again today. The fault at the old pole has been repaired and the line has been stable through two days of rain. The engineer visiting today was happy with the testing results.
Speed tests now indicate 15mb down and 8mb up. We are being capped and I assume our profile needs to be reset. Previously we have been running at 60 down and 11 up, however I am sure we can run faster than this.
Please can our profile be adjusted.
Regards,
Dan
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It looks as though your profile has automatically adjusted - you should be seeing an increase in speeds. If your line can cope with better speeds, DLM should change your profile where necessary.