cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown restriction on connection - Help

JTT74
Dabbler

Re: Unknown restriction on connection - Help

Support team have just reset again, connected at 40mb, lets see how long this lasts? Won’t touch the router.

CE947549-2F8A-466D-AA25-ADDFB8414983.png

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

If the loss of sync continues to occur JTT74, it's highly likely that DLM will band the line again to preserve stability. It might be worth connecting your router directly into your test socket for a few days to see whether the number of drops we see on our end reduce in number. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
JTT74
Dabbler

Hi Adam, after the last DLM reset it was completely fine. Syncing at 39ish and stable. Everyone happy..

Then again after about 3 weeks it reset last night to 33.48.

How do I work out what’s happening in my line and why?

Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just been running some tests on your line and they aren't showing any changes to the line profile, it looks to be a change to the synch speed that the router is picking up. Can you try connecting the router into the test socket if possible to see if that varies? https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JTT74
Dabbler

Hi Adam, I’ll have a look at this tonight when I get home. Thx
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JTT74
Dabbler

Hi Adam, it’s now in the test socket and sync’ed at exactly the same speed as before. This is exactly the same sync speed to 2 decimal places as before the last DLM reset, surely it’s a fixed cap doing this, given it’s exactly the same sync speed? Thx
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to see there's still no change to this, line tests show us that the line profile is "0.128M-40M" that means there is no banding in place. We can look into this further though and it would be best to arrange an engineer visit as the next step. Please let me know if that's something you'd like to go ahead with.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JTT74
Dabbler

Yes please Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, I've just sent an SMS, can you respond back to that with your availability please? Let me know when you have and I'll be able to get that arranged for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JTT74
Dabbler

Hi Adam, I didn't get a response to the engineer visit, but I've since noticed that its much more stable in the test socket. No disconnects in last 18 days, but the 35Mb limit has been applied again.

Now its in the test socket, I think a DLM reset and removal of all limits will get us back to 40 mb, as the test socket seems to have solved the issue of occasional disconnects.

Please can you arrange for one last DLM reset and any limits removed please?

Thanks,

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'm sorry you didn't get a reply to your ticket and sure, I've popped another DLM reset through so hopefully that should do the trick within the next 24 hours.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team