cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unannounced Engineer Visit

djohn22

Unannounced Engineer Visit

Hi there! Has anyone else had an engineer visit completely unannounced recently? I’m a new customer still waiting on my internet to get set up, and after I was informed of a “fault on the line” causing a delay, an engineer came to my door at 8:30 am without notice. Is this common for Plusnet? He’s a very nice man and does seem to be helping with my internet (AKA not a fake BT worker), but it scared the wits out of me since I wasn’t aware anyone was coming. Is this standard? (Or is he actually not with Plusnet?)
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Unannounced Engineer Visit

@djohn22 Welcome to the forums. It is a little unusual, but if he has been working on the cab or other external equipment, it is possible he is one of the rare breed of engineer who like to see a job to completion. I assume you have verified his identity?

John
djohn22

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply and your insight! I have verified his identity (though I was half asleep). They came for BT, but are with openreach - which I assume is the fiber optic supplier plusnet has mentioned in my service emails.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

OpenReach are the engineering side of BT - i.e, the people who do all the work, and maintain the network.

John
djohn22

Wonderful, that is good to know. Thank you again for your help!