Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Wi-Fi Router

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

The New Wi-Fi Router

Hi, I did a topic a few weeks ago after receiving the Newsletter no 22 about the new Wi-Fi router, and asked if it would be possible to get one, I've been with you for coming up to 10 months and would like to know when they would be available, I was told they would be forthcoming but time scale was not mentioned.
Would anyone know when ? if so would I have to sign up for another period of time , which I would do, no problem. I forgot to mention I'm on the Option 2 product.
regards
jono 
38 REPLIES 38
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: The New Wi-Fi Router

Hi Jono,
There's a blog in the pipeline, but existing customers can order a router by requesting on a ticket - you can either pay for the whole lot (router and p&p) or just pay the p&p and defer the hardware cost. If you go for option 2 and already have a deferred hardware contract you must pay off the previous contract before a new one can be added.
Postage is £6.99, the single port wireless router is £19.99 and the four port is £29.99.
Hope that helps,
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi orbrey,
               Thanks for reply, I've checked my account, Option 2, I joined 30/01/2008, at least that's when my first payment was, it says £30 on cancellation. Upgrade will not come into it because I want to stay with option 2, so it looks as if I'll have to wait another  2 months or pay £30, but I got the voyager 210 and according to your figures that gives an amount of £26-98p if i cancelled the current contract, which when I joined was 1 month , at the time i joined it was 90 day trial as well. What would be my alternatives then, does the 90 days make a difference ?
By defer hardware cost, will that mean wait 2 months until I've been with you 12 months then request a Wi-Fi router and only pay postage if I stay another 12 months ?
Sorry for all the questions orbrey but I just want to know all the options and least cost to me.
regards
jono  Undecided

James
Grafter

Hi Jono,
Just to point something else out.  Because you already have a deferred hardware contract until January 22nd, you wouldn't be able to defer the cost of that router until after that date.
Once you get past that date, we'll be happy to send you a new router for £6.99 postage if you stay with us for another year at no added cost.
James
Grafter

Hopefully I covered all that in my reply Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Can us poor soles on heritage products also get a new router?
jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Jameseh,  I'll wait until the 22nd Jan then raise a ticket. Understand what i need to do now.
regards to all who replied
jono
James
Grafter

Peter,
Why are you still on that product?  It makes no sense against your usage Smiley
If you move to Option 2, it'll double your peak usage (and yes I have looked at your off peak) then we'll send you a wireless router for the postage charge if you stay for a year.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what do you mean double my peak usuage, it will more than double my allowance, Its just that I am a lazy old sod.  No change in cost either.  Even with all my Googling do you think I would ever hit that Grin Grin
I take it just hit the button?
James
Grafter

Yep, just use the upgrade link and then raise a ticket asking for your deferred router, agreeing to the hardware charge.
Silly be, I was thinking 8GB rather than the current 15GB!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Done | ID: 26799986 OK
James
Grafter

Replied Tongue
pierre_pierre
Grafter

actioned as requested
Santiago
Grafter

@jono
If you want a wireless router why don't you get one off Ebay.
They are lots of them and really cheap too. I have bought a couple for around a tenner each delivered.
The ones I got were like brand new in the original boxes and came with all the cables, filters CD and manual.
puddy
Grafter

My Last router cost me 99p plus p&p total came to less than £6 with 90 day warranty
its wireless
4 port
2 voip buit in why waste all thoses free calls?
adsl 2+
puddy