cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Wi-Fi Router

maccoylton
Grafter

Re: The New Wi-Fi Router

Hi, I've been with PlusNet since 2004, on Premium (£40). I've never had any free hardware from PlusNet. Would I be eligible for one of these new routers ?
Thanks & regards
David
Mav
Fixes: 515

I, too, have been with PN a long time (6 years) and do not, currently, have any deferred charges but am on a legacy product (Premier 2).
Would I be entitled to a free router + P&P or do I have to move to a BBYW product?
Thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

paulby
Grafter

@maccoylton
@mav
Simplest way to find out is the same way I did - if you raise a ticket here they'll get back to you telling you if you can get a new router.  You simply reply to that ticket authorising the £6.99 p+p to be taken from the card on your account.
Your router will then be sent to you. (Took less than 48hs from raising the ticket to delivery of he router!)
Here's the response I got to my ticket:
"Thank you for your query.
As an existing customer you are perfectly entitled to recieve a free 4-port wireless router from us on the condition that you stay for another 12 months.
There is a £6.99 postage and packaging charge that must be paid before we can send the router out.
If you left before 12 months the cost would be £29.99.
Please respond to this message if this offer is something you would be interested in and to make sure we have your permission to take the £6.99 postage charge"
maccoylton
Grafter

Many Thanks, I've raised a ticket, I'll let you know how I get one.
Thanks & Regards
David
markrach
Grafter

Not sure how this works but as i have only just joined and i opted not to have a router (but would like one now) how do i go about ordering one  Cheesy
maccoylton
Grafter

As previously mentioned, on the old Premier tariff (£40), placed my order last night, and this morning got notification, the 12 month  deferred contract has been setup and the router will be with with me in 2-3 working days.  So it would appear the only restriction is you don't already have a deferred contract outstanding.
Regards
David
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi Maccoylton, Yes you could get one, as jamesh said in the post above, I believe all you need to do is raise a ticket, it will be classed as deferred hardware which means if you leave Plusnet within a year you will pay for it,if not you don't pay at all apart from postage.
regards
jono
Mav

Thanks Paul03
I got the response that you said I would. I have no intention of leaving PN within the next 12 months so it seems a good offer.
Currently, I have the SAR 130 and am wondering how close to the end of its useful life it is. I doubt if it will be ready for the next generation of up to 24Mb speeds.
Does any one know which model of 4 port router it will be? A search indicates it could be a Thompson but I not been able to narrow it down further.
Thanks

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Thomson TG585v7 is the current 4-port wireless router.
David
Mand
Grafter

Yep, as spraxyt says the wireless router is a Thompson 585v7.
Mav

Thanks all.
I have placed my order Smiley

Username
Grafter

Hi, I've been with PlusNet since 2003 and likewise have never had any free hardware - if I agree to stay for another 12 months, can you discount my subscription by the cost of a new router which I don't want, but undertand I'm entitled?
James
Grafter

Hi David,
If you're happy to pay the £6.99 postage and are happy to have a deferred hardware contract added to your account £29.99), we can easily sort this out for you.
paulby
Grafter

@Jameseh
Are you offering "Username" a new router or the reduction of his annual subs by £29.99 (which I think is what he asked for)?
can you discount my subscription by the cost of a new router which I don't want, but undertand I'm entitled?
(my bold)
James
Grafter

Not really, I was replying to David earlier on in the thread and being a bit of a muppet at the same time (which isn't uncommon).
Whilst we can't edit subscription costs on a monthly contract because someone hasn't taken a wireless router, we can listen to request when someone is considering recontracting to us for a further 12 months.