cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible online gaming

StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Terrible online gaming

how does a line become faulty when you move from 1 ISP to another ?
just curious of course, as i read a few peeps who have come from ISP's which are LLU, onto PN and getting a real bad line...... (keeping in mind line change is done at Exch level..)
In simple talk, is it BT taking the cable from the LLU super bling switch, and placing it into an overloaded worn out 10mb hub (not switch), which in turn goes into a bottlenecked 10mb switch, etc etc Huh Smiley Smiley  I reckon we need to do some BT bashing!
i do understand DSLAM and VP's, just prefer english ! Smiley 
ralfus
Dabbler

@StuartUK35  I`m very dissapinted after switching to PLUSNET.
When i was with the previous provider and was going to join PN have asked member of staff about the speed. He said speed will be the same.
Just after joined i have noticed drop of the speed from 4.5 download to 3.3mb (now is around 2mb btw Angry ) and upload from 0.9 to 0.25mb/s ( now is uncapped and icreased to 0.8mb)
Just wondering what was the point to cap the upload speed BTW...... Angry
When asked about the speed i got an answer that my line profile is.................4000kb but how is possible that o2 broadband could give me more on the same line????
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Pop your phone number in here - does your exchange show O2 LLU? If it does, they provide their own kit at the exchange, and you are now on the standard BTwholesale kit, which may not be ADSL2+. Does the exchange have 21CN WBC available?
You should take Matt's advice from up-thread and raise a fault.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ralfus,
As I said earlier, the slow speeds are because the line is dropping connection - nothing has been capped.
When the exchange equipment detects that a connection is dropping it automatically reduces the speed of the line as a slower connection is much more stable. This all happens automatically.
If you could raise a fault we'll be able to get this escalated and investigated for you, it's the only way we'll be able to get your line speeds back up I'm afraid.
ralfus
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi ralfus,
welcome to the forum, sorry to hear it's not been the best experience for you so far. I've noted a couple of things while looking into this. Your line is interleaved - this won't help, and your upload is still capped at 448k sync. I think If I can get interleaving turned off and uncap the upload this would really help. However, doing this brings a danger of dropping connection which could lower your download profiles. So before I do any of that I'd like to make sure you are not using any extension cables/sockets before the router. Are you able to plug into the test socket? as this will, a) guarantee the best possible performance, and b) rule out any potential internal wiring issue.
Let me know and I'll look into it further for you.
Jojo Smiley

So thats claerly writen upload speed was capped since i joined PLUSNET.
I have already raised a fault and waiting for answer.
ralfus
Dabbler

I have recived mtext message this morning with information: " Your issue appears to be resolved..."
I grabed my computer and tryed to do the speedtest.
Thats the result:
So i dont want to waste time any more with PN.
Give me the MAC code and good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ralfus,
Sorry about that, it does look like the connection has stopped dropping but yes, those speeds aren't good enough at all. Any chance you could run a BT speed test please (http://www.speedtester.bt.com)? We'll be able to get the fault pushed back for more investigation for you.
ralfus
Dabbler

Everything seems to be fine since saturday. Smiley
Hopefully it won`t change Cool
Keep it up.
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news, hope it does keep up. If there's anything we can do to help please let us know.