Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor Software

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Technicolor Software

I haven't touched my ADSL router since I got it and the software version is 8.4.4.J
Is this the usual story of 'if it ain't broke' or is there a recommended firmware upgrade ?
Let's be careful out there !
59 REPLIES 59
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Technicolor Software

Read here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133797.0.html
Whether you would see improved stability depends on your connection
This is the source of the upgrade information http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks
Mine doesn't have a USB port so none of the 10x versions are compatible. No problem as I'm not having any. Just wondered  Smiley
Let's be careful out there !
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Look again - third one down  Huh
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I decided to have a look at this and am rather going round in circles on instructions...
The download page has a link to instructions (plus the upgrade tool and various firmware versions).
The instructions are for a different model, and say don't use them for TG582n, but do helpfully have a link to TG582n.
Which takes me back to the download page......   Huh
Or am I missing something?  Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I will explain
From the How to use bit
Thomson 585v7/585v8 firmware flashing utility ~ Windows 7 users, use the version here instead.
Windows 8 users - sorry no update tool is currently available for this operating system.
However some users report the Windows 7 version works in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
Note: These update tools can also be used to update the firmware on the TG582n. However the firmware mentioned below is NOT for that router - see here for TG582n firmware.
Before you start
Download a copy of the flashing utility and unpack it to a location on your hard drive. You'll also need to download a copy of the firmware you're wanting to upgrade/downgrade to.

You use the flashing utility but when it asks about the firmware you point it to the correct firmware you had previously downloaded
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes you are, read on McDuff through the comments, 5 currently from the end - by me.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

...or much more simply you could ask PN to do a remote upgrade

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Kremmen
Thanks
Mine doesn't have a USB port so none of the 10x versions are compatible. No problem as I'm not having any. Just wondered  Smiley

Yes there is, it's 10.2.2.B
HPsauce
Pro

OK, thanks, clearer now.  Cool
Having problems with a new use - laptop connecting via a high-security encryption VPN to a remote location  Lips_are_sealed - and needing to regularly reboot router to get it to work reliably. (Normal traffic is fine)
Want to try the latest firmware in case it improves things, I have a suspicion that the old 8.4.4J firmware may have a memory leak or similar that the new traffic is aggravating.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It certainly has something like that as after a few weeks mine used to completely grind to a halt and routerstats or the web interface just didn't work
HPsauce
Pro

Mine had been running and sync'ed for maybe a month and all was OK until the VPN use started. That ran like a dog and Routerstats also started throwing login errors.
I then found that logging in via a browser also became intermittent/slow which led me to reboot. Done that more than once recently after similar symptoms.
Anotherone
Champion

It's a good idea to set up another user with full admin rights just for Routerstats. Quite a few modem/routers & routers don't like 2 logins at the same time with the same user. Also if you are using Telnet, watch what timeouts you've got.
HPsauce
Pro

I only ever run RS from one specific user on one PC, so no chance of a duplicate login.  Wink
Firmware updated now, so we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed.
Sad to note that the automated process of backing up and restoring the configuration didn't work, so I had (as I half-expected) to make some quick changes after the process completed.
Anotherone
Champion

I'm mean Router login names to be clear. In other words if you chose to login via telnet or http using the default admin username, then don't use that for RouterStats. Create a new (additional) modem/router login name.