Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Plusnet

thanaset
Dabbler

Switching to Plusnet

Hello
My girlfriend is currently with BT. To say that their service is terrible is an understatement. Her connection is very unstable, dropping off every 10 minutes during peak hours. I suggested her move to Plusnet when her contract expires next month. I have been with Plusnet for more than 4 years now and I am very happy with the service.
Given that Plusnet uses BT lines (please correct me if I am wrong), can anyone please confirm that after the switch, she will see a significant improvement in the connection? Thank you.
Thanaset
4 REPLIES 4
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Switching to Plusnet

Because its the same line  been used , if there is a fault on the line, which sounds like you have, this will be carried over to PN (or any ISP you move to)
Did you raise a fault with BT in the first place ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

If there's a fault on the line then this will carry over to us, if a fault hasn't already been reported to the current supplier then we can do this if your girlfriend does move to us.
semail

Don't move to plusnet would be my advice, check if your exchange is LLU enable and chose someone other than BT and its minions like plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Don't offer silly advice
If there is a fault on the line it will be there even after a move to LLU and then you will be stuck with their help system which can be even worse than BT.
Note that faults on the line are handled by BT Openreach regardless as to whether the line is LLU or not