cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for speed upgrade

JeffMowatt

Still waiting for speed upgrade

It will be several months now since I responded to the Metronet upgrade from 512k but nothing changed. I read here on the forum some time ago that there  would be a delay before BT actioned these upgrades but still nothing.
I'm paying a 23.99 a month for a 512k service and a lot of other product including Plusnet look more attractive now.
If BT are causing a delay to sell their own product, isn't it something to be taking up with them instead of simply passing on blame?
Jeff 
10 REPLIES 10
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Still waiting for speed upgrade

PlusNet changed the upgrades from an out-out to an opt-in process some time ago. Have your requested your upgrade via this page.
JeffMowatt

Yes, that's the page I used as far as I remember.

JeffMowatt

OK So, I tried it again. I think last time it was just a request. This time Upgrade Now takes me to a Plusnet page where I'm prompted to log in.
I try my Metronet account name, which doesn't appear to work so I request a password reminder and am informed that it's bee n sent yet it fails to arrive.
Is this login going to be my metronet account, the new login I needed to join this forum or something new again?
Jeff   
paulby
Grafter

If you're with Metronet you need this page.  You need to login with your Metronet details.
The link you tried further up is for PlusNet customers.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Ah, sorry, missed that bit.  Embarrassed
James
Grafter

Hi Jeff,
I've placed an order to upgrade your service, which is set to complete tomorrow.
I've also put a ticket on your account.
JeffMowatt

Thanks, I'd submitted the Metronet page too.
Jeff
JeffMowatt

We have a result overnight, thanks.
Coincidentally my neighbour, an engineer with Fujitsu was given the task of testing a new ADSL test device and asked me if he could try it out on my line. In fact he brought 2 devices, one no  longer being manufactured
According to both of them the line is rated between 7 and 9 meg  down, 832 up. The speed test site on the web indicates about 4 meg downstream from Moscow.
One thing he noted which didn't seem to cause a problem was that my signal to noise margins were below spec. Still it worsk very well.
Jeff 
mawdsjeff

Talking about speed....I have had an "up-to" 8Mb speed for 6 months and this week it has dropped to 0.1 Mb which is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! What can I do? You know it is pot-luck with tech. support replying.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10