cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still slow speed after Openreach engineer visit.

humorleung

Still slow speed after Openreach engineer visit.

My internet speed just drop to 1/3 on Wednesday evening (it was fine on the day), and I had an Openreach engineer came to visit on Saturday, he detected a fault in the socket in my house and changed it but it hasn't fixed the speed problem. He also went to the server building and did some work there (about 2.5 hours) but again nothing has improved. so I wonder what would be the problem that cause the sudden drop on speed and the engineer can't detect the actual problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Still slow speed after Openreach engineer visit.

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're still having speed issues after having an engineer out. I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing any issues with your router getting around 14mbps. What speed are you currently seeing your side?

Also are you testing your speed on a computer plugged into your router using an ethernet cable or connecting over WiFi? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
humorleung

I've had a 2nd engineer visit, the speed is better now. I have 11mbps now testing using an ethernet cable. But I used to have around 15mbps before the fault, upload speed seems to be normal though. Is there any way to look into that 4mbps difference?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

I'm glad to see your speed is better. It's hard to see what your broadband connection is currently capable of because our suppliers have stopped offering this as a service in favour of full fibre (FTTP) in your area.

Line tests aren't showing any issues so there's not much I can do to increase your speed further without potentially arranging another engineer visit although it's unlikely that an engineer will investigate such a small drop in speed. 

I know you've phoned us previously about full fibre, have you given anymore thought into upgrading? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
humorleung

Yes I thought about upgrading to full fibre, but as a long term plusnet customer (over 8 years!) I thought I should be offered a much better discount than just the one displayed on the website?!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@humorleung 

Ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and try a bit of old fashioned haggling. You never know unless you ask and you can always say no to their best offer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

humorleung

Yes I've tried a couple of times already, not getting any luck😅

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi humorleung, let me know if you'd like me to arrange for a member of that team to give you a call back and I can get that arranged for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
humorleung

Unless they can offer me a better deal than the one on the ticket? I've been trying for a few times, and nothing change really.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, sorry to disappoint, that offer would have been from customer options initially.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team