Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed stuck ?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Speed stuck ?

jojo can you get my mum's line a banding to be lifted too as her line appear stay as 9725k for a month now with ip profile still on 8000k. She used to be 13 Meg before with lower SNR.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi goldenadsl,
I've not really looked into your mum's line a great deal so not sure of the history. Has she had an ongoing fault like James? Is the speed she is getting affecting her experience or is it just a case of wanting better speed results? Banding is often placed on lines to make them more stable, so if it is stable and she is not having any trouble while using the connection  I'd much rather leave things be.
Jojo Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

Thanks Jojo,
So let me guess, 11:34 PM last night, advert break for big brothers bit on the side ?  Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a Big bro fan James Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

I received a phone call from faults to tell me that my profile was being raised to 14000 from 8000 in a few hours, I went out and came back home expecting a 14000 profile, instead all I got was  "IP Profile for your line is - 9505 Kbp", and to top it all off my upstream has been capped again and interleaving has been turned back on. GIVE ME STRENGTH.
Last week when I was called from plusnet about the BT engineer I specifically asked for "DO NOT TURN INTERLEAVING BACK ON" to be written as big as possible on my account. So now here we are Friday evening again, and all weekend with a [Censored] speed and a [Censored] ping.
OK some might say interleaving will be better for me turned on, my line has an expected profile of 14000 to 15000, with interleaving off I get 9747, with interleaving on I get 10727. Not a great deal IMO to warrant having interleaving on.
I really hope I don't have to wait 4 weeks again for interleaving to be turned back off. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.
JamesM
Grafter

Just phoned Faults, have been advised that the system is showing that upstream isn't capped and interleaving is off.
Thomson.
Uptime:0 days, 0:03:20
DSL Type:G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 10,245
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:   0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:  13.0 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:  17.5 / 32.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   27.5 / 6.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):
TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 28
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down):7 / 0

Thomson 585V7

Belkin                            D      U
Data rate(Kbps)  10582 440
Noise Margin        6      28
Attenuation(dB)    29      16
Belkin F7D

Looks like the system needs to be fixed.
JamesM
Grafter

I am wondering, is it normal when the SNR is reset and / or a profile raise is done that interleaving is automatically turned on and the upstream capped ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi JamesM,
Changes to upstream or interleaving are done by us placing something called a 'modify' order, SNR resets are done via a separate process.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JamesM
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
What I am struggling to understand is that I asked for interleaving to be left off indefinately. I had a profile raise on Friday which turned interleaving on and capped my upstream, and a few months ago, I had a SNR reset which also turned interleaving on and capped my upstream. As explained above, your systems are showing that upstrean is not capped and interleaving is off, but if you look at my broadband stats, they show the opposite.
So if the system is wrong, and my interleaving and upstream capping changes for no reason, then how do I know that the system doesn't keep banding my profile for no reason, or keeps dropping me to a lower profile for no reason. ?
JamesM
Grafter

Anybody know why my upstream is capped and interleaving turned back on if no-one requested it ?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No idea to be honest. I don't think it's worth me trying to change anything. I'll see if one of the faults guys can get it hard fixed.
Jojo Smiley
dick:quote
lexusuk
Grafter

@JamesM
It appears when my colleague contacted BT to update your IP profile there was some confusion as to the profile that request changing.  Instead of changing the IP profile (bRAS profile) to 14Mbps the agent has instead changed the DSLAM profile adding a banded profile to your line between 7Mbps and 14Mbps.  As the DSLAM profile has changed this affects the configuration of the interleave and upstream settings on your line.
I am currently queuing with BT's helpdesk to have this reversed.  I will update your support ticket once complete.
JamesM
Grafter

Job done, thanks Jojo and Alex.

lexusuk
Grafter

Excellent.  I've been monitoring it all day and was getting concerned that it wasn't going to go through.  Profile now showing up as:
WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
So that reads: unbanded (160kbps to 24Mbps), no interleaving (INP 0 up and down), uncapped upstream (UC) and SNR margin at 6dB both up and down.
With regards to the IP profile this will update automatically as your line is enabled for DLM quantisation.  Any problems let us know! Smiley