Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropping again

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Speed dropping again

If you have a dodgy faceplate, you can replace it yourself, assuming it is a NTE5.
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm gives some useful advice and a link to buy one. My sister's broadband went from an iffy 1.5Mb to a stable 4Mb when I installed one of these.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

An SNR Reset isn't likely to improve things at this point. Your line isn't banded, it's set an SNR Target at 9db, if your connection continues, stable, this will reduce automatically.
Clapton712
Dabbler

Evening. Can I please have this fault looked at again. Router is connected at around 8.5 down but all I'm getting on a speed test is 2!!! It's becoming a bit of a joke really, never a problem on my line until I joined plus.net.
Can someone please come back to me tomorrow to get this sorted. I have don't the fault reporting but it won't let me do it a second time.
Thanks.  Angry
Clapton712
Dabbler

Morning.
I have finally managed to raise a ticket to get this looked at again.
I will be giving this 48 hours to be resolved or I will be applying to cancel this contract under the sales of goods act. 2 meg download is not acceptable compared to my quoted speeds. There has been nothing but trouble since joining plus.net. I doubt I have had one week of consistency from you.
Thank you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Our Faults Team will be back in touch as soon as they can. Unfortunately some faults are harder to track down than others, but we'll do our best to ensure that we get this resolved ASAP.