cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped by 25%

baccini
Grafter

Speed dropped by 25%

Hi my fttb speed has dropped from 47Mbs to 37Mbs.is there something that can be done from your end, the engineer

asked for a line reset the last time I had a speed problem. Synced at the router at 40Mbs.

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Re: Speed dropped by 25%

@baccini Try the auto-bot here: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/ . If reports no problem,  come back and say so - there are other options.

John
baccini
Grafter

Ok text sent

baccini
Grafter

got a reply which said unable to restart automatically you can manually restart by switching of your router, already done that several times router still syncing at 40Mbs should be 50mbs 

jab1
Legend

@baccini Sounds like this needs manual investigation, then. If you can reply to this post fairly soon, I'll have a look for you, but be aware I am away tomorrow, and won't have access to the forums.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
baccini
Grafter

I'm using my tp-link vr2100 router I've attached screen shots. I'm away on holiday soon and if the problem is still persists when I return I can fit my plus net one router to double check

jab1
Legend

OK, from those two bits, I would suggest you go back to Plusnet - by phone if possible - and ask them to get OpeReach out to do a proper investigation. Your speed is below even the 'impacted' hand-back threshold, even the last reported speed from them is at that level, so needs proper investigation.

Presumably, your phone line test was silent?

John
baccini
Grafter

Ok thanks for the quick reply holidays on Thursday so its going to be in a week or two

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @baccini

It looks like we need to send another engineer, if you let us know when you know your availability, we'll get that booked in for you.

Your fault ticket was updated earlier by our faults team: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225771774

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team