cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed capped for 2 months

sweeep1963
Grafter

Speed capped for 2 months

Hi, my speed has been capped at 44 now for nearly 2 months. I originally noticed the cap when it resynced (it had been stable before over 50 but with a few crc errors) and forced reboots kept producing the exact same speed. I had expected it to resync at some point with the prolonged stable uptime, but it's nearly 2 months now and still capped at 43.99.Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 09.29.58.pngScreenshot 2024-09-26 at 09.30.50.png

2 REPLIES 2
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Speed capped for 2 months

@sweeep1963 Hiya, I've tested your connection and technically see no fault as your sync rate is above the minimum guarantee however I see your connection is being limited (banded) to 44Mbps and you are syncing at 44Mbps implying that it is capable of more. I have placed a request to reset the connection to remove the banding in around 4 hours. Please be mindful that the system will be assessing the capability of the line over the next couple of weeks so try not to reboot the router or play around with the setup too much. All the best

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
sweeep1963
Grafter

Re: Speed capped for 2 months

Great, thank you! I noticed last time, the connection resynced a few times trying a lower and lower SNR, as low as 2! This is probably what caused the CRC errors (even though the connection never dropped) and then after that the DLM must've capped it due to those errors. Not sure why it even tried to go that low, but anyway hopefully this will help!