Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

Another page started with great ideas but almost immediately falling in to disuse?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
englishrick
Grafter

Great speeds this morning 6am....Ohhhh yes that's because its OFF PEAK....
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1389161512&v=21412630
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Dave updates that page when we identify an issue with an exchange, once he's got the data together he'll add/remove any new ones on there.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
englishrick
Grafter

Why does an engineer have to come out to us when it clearly is a problem with CONGESTION, as other people on PN on same exchange are having problem.. I cant afford to take time off work!!!
Chris
Legend

I'd suggest not booking an engineer at the moment as it really does seem to be an exchange issue. I should have more information on that later this afternoon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

I am interested in the explanation here too. It seems to be a common occurrence that Openreach want to send out engineers in a situations like this, even when the PN DC team know that the problem does not lie with the end user.
It makes no sense to me to send an engineer out for something like this. It is a total waste of resources and time for the end user because nothing will happen. Engineers do not check for speed slow downs/packet loss/high pings etc. The exchange side guys are a completely different team within OpenReach.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Quote from: jelv
Are these the exchanges shown here?

Page is now updated with the latest issues we've seen.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I'd suggest not booking an engineer at the moment as it really does seem to be an exchange issue. I should have more information on that later this afternoon.

Ok, I'll tell them to hang fire with the engineer....
englishrick
Grafter

Hi Chris Parr, I don't know if my ticket has been look at regarding the engineer visit I have told them not to bother, he's supposed to come on Friday but as you said its just a wasted journey as it isn't a problem my end, can you get them to cancel it please if you think that's best cheers Do you have any more info???
steve101

Just to chip in on this. I'm having the same problems. Download speed in the high 60Mbps during the day, drops down to below 6Mbps in the evening. I've raised a ticket on this, and my line was tested today. All was well as they tested during the day. Checking out the Exchange Information, linked above, I see Dalton-in-Furness is on there. As I live in Barrow-in-Furness, I guess I've found my problem ?
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: steve101
Just to chip in on this. I'm having the same problems. Download speed in the high 60Mbps during the day, drops down to below 6Mbps in the evening. I've raised a ticket on this, and my line was tested today. All was well as they tested during the day. Checking out the Exchange Information, linked above, I see Dalton-in-Furness is on there. As I live in Barrow-in-Furness, I guess I've found my problem ?

Quite a few people reporting issues now with regard to the same problem as me....
englishrick
Grafter

englishrick
Grafter

Chris
Legend

We've reported the exchange to BT, the ones on the page Dave linked to are all being looked at. Once we get more information, or a date for a fix then we'll let you know and update that page.
Roblister
Grafter

Still the same in Ulverston yesterday, kept a close eye on it.
Quote from: steve101

Interesting.  I know our FTTC is piggy backed to another exchange somewhere as our exchange itself hasn't been upgraded (a very unusual arrangement apparently, but that's Ulverston for you, they probably wanted to keep it 'special') and I was guessing Dalton being the nearest, I think its confidential info though as I've never got an answer on that.  I did notice that Barrow was about number 6 in the most queried exchanges on one of the fault checking pages.  All I know is that 1 out of 5 SVLANs on "our exchange" is under load as Chris mentioned on page 2.
Edit: Missed the link there from Dave, so it is the Dalton, I think you guys in Barrow are probably on your own.
It's encouraging to see they're getting well recorded and fairly quickly resolved