cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issues

JayneHenry

Speed Issues

I asked a friend about my incredibly slow broadband so he logged in to my router ( sorry im a technophobe ) and said with an attenuation of 30 db and a down sn margin of 49 db that i should be getting better speed than 0.2 meg ,in fact its just over half of my upload speed  :o....
My friend spoke to a CS rep last night on my behalf who asked him to connect the router directly in to the test socket which he did then said a series of tests would be done..i noticed that on here people request SNR resets and when talking to my friend he said it may be worth asking if that could be done for me as he doesnt believe there is a line fault any more as openreach have been round performed quiet line tests and every other test imaginable
Many Thanks
1 REPLY 1
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed Issues

Hi there,
Welcome to our community forums.
That's a very high SNR margin you have! I've placed a SNR reset on your line that should rectify this and you'll see the difference in the next few hours. This does place your line in a 10 day training period so it's advisable to leave your router switched and connected for the duration.
Let us know how you get on.