Crofty
Grafter

Re: Speed Help!

PM sent Oldjim,
For anyone else:
James
Grafter

It's not a fixed line Adie.  You can tell because there is an IP Profile being applied on the BT Speedtester.
It's possible that the line is being capped due to instability - but there is clearly something wrong.
Please do raise a fault @ http://faults.plus.net and we'll look into it for you.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have you tried another Filter yet? If no change you need to borrow/try another router. I know this was suggested earlier but I haven't seen a response on that.
Crofty
Grafter

Guys,
Having read a few opinions about Plusnet Customer Service standards in the past, id just like to say that i have had nothing but top information and advice with this issue so far.
Bravo Plusnet! Cheesy
Alas i only wish BT were as efficient. Each time i ring, i get treated like its the first time i have rang. I understand i will speak to a different operator each time, i expect it. But to have to confirm the same tests only to be told that my line is testing fine and told to contact Plusnet again is a tad depressing.
What can i do?
Ive tried 3 filters mate all with the same result  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unless you have a phone somewhere which you can try there is no point in calling BT as they will only accept voice line faults.
Now if you can get/beg/borrow a corded phone and try the quiet line test, without your router connected, dial 17070 option 2. If you can hear crackles/noise etc. then call BT and report a voice fault - don't mention broadband.
If there isn't any noise or you can't get a phone report a broadband fault to Plusnet by starting the fault report http://faults.plus.net/ and they will then pick it up.
BT Retail who supply your voice line won't and can't help with a broadband fault