cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Filters

bootedsw

Spam Filters

Hi all,
I use Microsoft outlook as my mail client, I download mail from the squirrel mail folders yet quite a lot of it recently has been marked as spam by squirrel and not downloaded. This means every couple of days I have to check squirrel and mark it as not spam and then manually forward it to my inbox. This is becoming a pain is there anyway than I can set-up in squirrel a list of certain email domains that are not spam. eg. *@boots.com or *@marksandspencer.com
Or can anyone suggest a work around?
Richard
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Spam Filters

Whitelisting is something Plusnet is working on at the moment, and should be with us v.soon.
What I do (using Outlook Express, but I'm sure Outlook works much the same) is have my tagged spam downloaded and moved to my Delete folder using a Message Rule. I can then check it for false positives before easily ditching it. If you have a lot of spam this would use up bandwidth and be a bit anti-social....
To stop spam being put in your webmail spam folder, go to Manage My Mail from the Members Centre, click on the Spam tab, and find the option to have the spam filter on and delivering spam to your email client.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 4

What version of Outlook do you use?
I've got 2003, which (along with 2007) has a pretty good spam filter of its own.
As a result I've turned off all spam filtering at my email hosting services; saves quite a bit of messing about.
Tigger
Rising Star

Can't wait for the whitelist to arrive - then maybe I can get my Facebook e-mails without having to read all the obscene subject lines on my Spam.  Embarrassed
When will the Spam filter learn that Facebook does not send Spam? I keep forwarding them to Not Spam  Angry
I'm getting about 60 Spam a day at the moment - more than I was getting at Xmas.  It's increasing all the time, three weeks ago I was getting about 15 day  - anyone got any idea why its gone up so much?Huh
bootedsw

Quote from: HPsauce
What version of Outlook do you use?
I've got 2003, which (along with 2007) has a pretty good spam filter of its own.
As a result I've turned off all spam filtering at my email hosting services; saves quite a bit of messing about.

Cheers I will have ago at this I have 2003 and plan to buy 2007 soon.
Smiley