cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

Cubits777
Hooked

Slow upload speed

Hi I've been with Plusnet for about 2 plus years and my upload speed has always been poor, it tests at 0.36 mbps. I now need this to be faster please as I want to upload videos.
9 REPLIES 9
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Slow upload speed

Hi @Cubits777 welcome to the forum

Your upload speed can be limited to the package you have and distance from the exchange

You can see what service are available to you with the Openreach network using your landline phone number here;

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL  

Post the result using a screenshot here hiding your phone number, a community member can help advise you your options.

Please avoid posting a portrait image as they can be hard to read.

HTH

Cubits777
Hooked

Hi sorry I do not know my landline tel number as my Plusnet account only has a record of my mobile number but in the past one of your colleague's did give me this information but I have lost it.
Looking at my account it does state minimum guaranteed upload speed is 0.8mbps.
Cubits777
Hooked

If I switched to your fibre deal, would it make any difference to my upload speed?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Cubits777 Your landline  number is shown in your account, and if you switched from ADSL, which I suspect you are on to FTTC , your upload speed would increase, along with the download.

John
Cubits777
Hooked

Hi, where is my home tel number on my account, I presumed it would be in My account details which only shows my mobile number?
And thank you for the info regarding fibre, I may have to bite the bullet and upgrade.
Apparently someone is performing a remote test for me now..thank you.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

If you do not have access to your phone line use the address checker

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome  

Again hide any personal details

Assume you are now speaking to PlusNet?

jab1
Legend

Manage your Account>Broadband account details, under you name and address - providing of course, you have a broadband account.

John
Cubits777
Hooked

Hi, Plusnet have replied after remote checks and stared that there is no problem at all and that it could be my home phone which I do not have and or my sockets which were replaced by a lovely BT engineer a few months ago.
Never mind but thank you for everyone's help anyway.
😀
jab1
Legend

If you supply the information @Dan_the_Van requested, we can advise further. With that upload speed, you must be on ADSL, and there are faster options available.

John