Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow VPN speeds

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow VPN speeds

Hi killingpingu,
Thanks for adding that. I'll get a look at it soon and let you know what we can find.
Jojo Smiley
killingpingu
Dabbler

Thanks Jojo Smiley
killingpingu
Dabbler

Well, things haven't changed.... still capped at 0.25Mb
Haven't heard back from tech support either... must be almost two weeks now?
Meh...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi killingpingu,
Just had a look at the wireshark capture you uploaded and you've started the capture after you've connected to the VPN. Can you start the capture before connecting to the VPN?
Jojo Smiley
killingpingu
Dabbler

OMG I'm so fed up with this! It's been over two weeks and I've received no help whatsoever. I did as you asked Jojo, I started the capture before connecting to the VPN and added that to the open ticket. No joy.
I never thought I'd say this but I believe Plusnet has beaten BT for its terrible customer support.
I really don't understand what is so difficult about this. I called up Plusnet over two weeks ago about this. I was told to raise a ticket. I raised a ticket. No one replied. I had to post a message in this forum to get some attention and thank you Jojo, you're the only one who is trying to help but it shouldn't be up to you to solve this, it should be the person who opened my ticket. Two weeks!! There's no reason why this shouldn't have taken 24 hours to resolve one way or another.
If I lived on the mainland I would have asked for my MAC code by now but unfortunately I live in Shetland where there's very little option, thanks to BT.
One of the features that I was sold on was Plusnet's supposedly great support. I've looked around on these forums and I'm not the only one complaining about the lack of support.
Would somebody at tech support kindly pick up the phone and have a conversation with me or email me and explain to me what it is you need from me so you can resolve this problem! I'm really beginning to wonder why I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting.
Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI killingpingu,
I've responded to your ticket with instructions on the best way how to run the capture.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi killingpingu,
I've passed the ticket through to have overplay correctly profiled on our network. I have sent you confirmation of this via your ticket.
Jojo Smiley