Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds Still

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow Speeds Still

Hi stewbett,
It's not been applied yet by the looks of things. I'm going to get onto it and see what I can find out for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI stewbett,
banding removed now, sync rate 5264, just need to wait for the profile to lift.
Jojo Smiley
stewbett
Grafter

ok thanks, maybe a stupid question but how long does it take for the profile to lift ?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI stewbett,
We have to recommend anything up to 72 hours, but if you have a look here you'll see some estimates. Although I have seen it happen within minutes before!
I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day for you though.
Jojo Smiley
stewbett
Grafter

hi there speed has now picked up a lot more very happy now  Smiley , but still not as fast as i was getting ( 4 - 7 mb/s ) can you tell me is this still work in progress or can it still be lifted a bit more ? many thanks.
stewbett
Grafter

Hi a few weeks down the line and i am now back to square 1  Angry  i have had a few random disconection during the week but today the speed has dropped off again.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stewbett,
I'm a bit concerned about that speed test, but your connection logs below are not showing too many drops and you PN & BT profiles are still 4500. Is it still happening or was it just a blip?

Jojo Smiley
stewbett
Grafter

Hi jo dont think its a blip the speed has gone up a bit now 12 hours after the last test, but my ping is almost double and my speed is still way off what it should.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmmm, it's baffling me a bit that one stewbett. I'll pick one of the faults guys brains in the morning and see if they can shed a bit more light on it for you.
Jojo Smiley
stewbett
Grafter

thanks for the quick reply, im off work tomorrow so will keep an eye out on here for any updates.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, well good luck with that! I'm at home at the moment so limited in what I can do from here.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI stewbett,
Having had a look today, we can't see anything that looks untoward. What's it like now? Is it possible that there were updates or something else running at the time of the speed test? Are there any other computers or devices connected tot he network?
Jojo Smiley
stewbett
Grafter

Hi jo i disable all auto updates on my compuer and no other devices in use at the time, ive taken a new test its now running well so no idea why it was going so slow but will keep an eye on it any change i will let you know, thanks for looking anyway  Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It may just have been something like windows update running when you did it. Smiley
stewbett
Grafter

Hi guys im back again been a couple of months and had no problems, but the past couple of days my speed has started to drop and this morning its terrible could anyone have a look as i dont want to be left with this over christmas i think the last fault was due to sync many thanks.