cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speed

shivers
Dabbler

Slow Download Speed

Plusnet tells me that my download speed is 11.4mb.  I done a speedtest with B.T.  just now and they say my speed is actually 4.2mb.  Who is telling the truth.  I have just done speeedtests with others online and it is always coming back as 4.2mb.  My broadband is very slow. 

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Slow Download Speed

Hi @shivers

The BTW speedtest is the one that Plusnet will ask you to use if you raise a fault, so that is the one you can go by.

Have you ran the further diagnostics test at BTW which shows your BT IP Profile? Don't change anything on your router even if it asks you to as that changes the network from Plusnet to BT so is not a valid result.

Also the last test ran at the BTW test site can be accessed by Plusnet and it is worth pointing Plusnet to it, if you log a fault.

Another reliable UK speed test is http://thinkbroadband.com if you want a second option.

The fault finder is https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults if you need it.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
shivers
Dabbler

Thanks all who replied.  Tried all recommended and now getting 6.91 donload and .98 upload on some going down to 4.2 upload with ookla.  Really pathetic.   In all other ways PLUSNET has been great and I hope they can sort this.

shivers
Dabbler

Now getting 11.07 and 0.89.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@shivers

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shivers
Dabbler

Sorry townman.  It is not that I dont want to post them, I don`t know how to.  I have a brain tumour and find it difficult.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

The links I gave you take you straight to most of the information you need.

The screens displayed can be copied and pasted into a reply here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.