cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-in required even though I'm signed in

RobbF
Dabbler

Sign-in required even though I'm signed in

My WiFi dropped off last night on all my devices, (mobile, PS4 and TV), and everything says I need to sign in to my network, but when I go to the hub manager it says I am already signed in and connected and no further action is required, but nothing will connect. The light on the hub is blue, but still nothing will connect. This happened around 10pm last night, and I still cannot get online, even though everything says the hub is connected to the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Sign-in required even though I'm signed in

@RobbF It shouldn't be the case, but is it possible your Hub has reverted to setup mode? What 'name' is shown on the Help Desk tab?

John
RobbF
Dabbler

@jab1 it looks like it has reverted back. My username is back to setup@ etc. I don't know how to change it again, I'm struggling replying to this message, I only get H+ data on my phone in my flat
jab1
Legend

@RobbF Instructions below. 😀

Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.

On the Home page under My Services you will see the current Broadband Username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it has not been configured by PlusNet authorisation systems.

First try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and hold the switch closed for at least 20 seconds, the LED should turn green and then release

Leave the Hub One for around 10 minutes and check Home page for correct Broadband Username <your username>@plusdsl.net

If it still shows setup@plusdsl.net follow these steps.

Navigate from the Home page to >Advanced settings (you will be required to enter the Hub One admin password this found on bottom of the Hub or card with WiFi password).
Click on Continue to Advanced Settings then >Broadband >Internet

This page details your broadband Internet Connection Configuration.

Click on disconnect, if this does not work it may be necessary to remove the DSL cable.
Enter your correct username <your username>@plusdsl.net and password.
Plug in DSL cable (if removed) and click on Connect
Check your Hub One has logged on to the correct Broadband Username

John
RobbF
Dabbler

I've changed my username, it now says that I am connected again, but still none of my devices will connect to it, everything is still saying that I need to sign into my network. I've had nothing but trouble ever since I upgraded to fibre. Does anyone have a number for customer support please?
jab1
Legend

John
RobbF
Dabbler

Thank you. It won't do anything now. I was just online for about 5 mins, and then it dropped off again and now it won't even reconnect.
jab1
Legend

Sorry, all I can suggest is you contact them, there appears to be a problem, but without some data/screenshots &c, there is nothing Community members can do.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@RobbF - your hub has failed to activate correctly after it was last reset.

I have made some alterations at this side that I'm hoping will help with both of your issues.

You will need to factory reset the hub again though by holding somthing into the reset pinhole at the rear until the status light flashes green.

Let me know how it goes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RobbF
Dabbler

Still no joy. It won't connect at all.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @RobbF,

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't worked. It's possible that carrying out the factory reset of the router may now allow the correct details to be entered into the router settings manually. Please could you try following the guide left by @jab1 earlier on in the thread and letting us know how this goes? If it still doesn't seem to work, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RobbF - from what I can tell, your hub has not been factory reset since I suggested it?

Regardless as to whether or not you have tried this before, you need to hold a paperclip or similar into the reset hole at the rear of the device whilst powered up for a good 10-15 seconds at least until the light on the front goes green. You should then leave things alone for 10 mins or so, after which I'm hopeful it will be good.

Edit: the reason the router is not currently connecting is because it is configured to connect using an incorrect password. I would still suggest going the factory reset route though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

RobbF
Dabbler

I've tried the factory reset a couple of times now, it's still not working. Could be I'm using the wrong password, is there any way to change it? Thanks for all your help by the way. I will have to ring tomorrow, because I'm just starting to pull my hair out now 😂
jab1
Legend

@RobbF If the factory reset hasn't worked, and @bobpullen is suggesting this is because of an incorrect password, it may be an idea to ensure your password and other  settings are correct. Could you post a screenshot of your Hubs Help Desk tab, with no modifications, please. It may be an idea to do this as an attachment, rather than an on-screen picture.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RobbF wrote:
I've tried the factory reset a couple of times now, it's still not working. Could be I'm using the wrong password, is there any way to change it? Thanks for all your help by the way. I will have to ring tomorrow, because I'm just starting to pull my hair out now 😂

It could be that I'm looking at the wrong hub, but it's unlikely.

Perhaps you can send me a private message containing your account username and hub serial number, so I can be doubly sure?

Following factory reset, your login details are automatically pushed to the hub, so incorrect credentials shouldn't really be a possibility.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team