Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Leave Before I've Joined?!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Should I Leave Before I've Joined?!

Could spmeone from PN explain, though, why I'm now being told my phone line will take another ten days to set up?

This is because the normal way we bring in a customer for broadband and phone is to transfer the broadband and then request the phone is transferred, this takes a further 10 days.
In your case we submitted a simultaneous order, as it was a new line, which completed for phone and broadband yesterday. You won't be able to access the phone control panel on our website until tomorrow as it takes 24 hours for the confirmation to reach us from BT, even though I can already see the order completed in the ordering system.
Oh, and can someone also explan why you've told me you're taking money from my account when the first month is free

We should only be taking payment for postage and packing of the router, £6.99 this month. It looks like that's all that is being taken.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
beefqueen
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
This is because the normal way we bring in a customer for broadband and phone is to transfer the broadband and then request the phone is transferred, this takes a further 10 days.
In your case we submitted a simultaneous order, as it was a new line, which completed for phone and broadband yesterday. You won't be able to access the phone control panel on our website until tomorrow as it takes 24 hours for the confirmation to reach us from BT, even though I can already see the order completed in the ordering system.
We should only be taking payment for postage and packing of the router, £6.99 this month. It looks like that's all that is being taken.

Thanks Chris - this is really helpful.
So to be clear, you're saying that the phone account is set up on my line and if I were to use my land line tonight, it would be on my own PlusNet account?  So I can dial away to my heart's content and just ignore the email I received today?
Cheers,
'Beef'
beefqueen
Grafter

And can I just check - I've just logged into the Member Centre and there is a question (apparently from me!) logged fifteen minutes ago.  It says:
"The customer's Phone order has returned from BT in a REJECTED state. Reject reasons: (07a : Line already in SP name )"
Can I just ignore this? 
Chris
Legend

"The customer's Phone order has returned from BT in a REJECTED state. Reject reasons: (07a : Line already in SP name )"

This confirms that your telephone is now with us, basically it means that the automated order attempted to be submitted today (due to the broadband being activated) has failed, this is because the line is already registered with Plusnet as we placed a simultaneous order. Yes, you can ignore this.
So to confirm, your broadband and phone service are now with us and you'll be able to access your Talk control panel tomorrow. Any calls you make today will be through Plusnet.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
beefqueen
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

Thanks again.  Do you know why I've just received an email saying you'll be taking £10.95 on 7 December? 
Chris
Legend

That'll be for the Talk service. We can't apply a discount for Talk due to the way our systems work, as you were told you'd get a discount for the first month and there was nothing specified that it would only be for broadband, I'll go discount your second month broadband to make up for that. Sorry about the confusion.
Oh and your Talk control panel is now active Smiley
beefqueen
Grafter

Chris,
Thanks for coming back.  Just to say that I'm at home and on the internet  Cheesy
Thanks for all your assistance - after all the poor people on the phone your prompt replies were much appreciated. 
Thanks again,
James
Chris
Legend

Good to hear James (still prefer 'beef'), glad I could help.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not sure as Beefqueen was at the boy friends yesterday Embarrassed