cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router staying red

Daf91

Router staying red

Hi my router suddenly switched off tonight and will not charge from the red/orange colour I’ve tried to restart as been suggested on here. But t keeps turning back red as soon as I try to connect my phone to the wifi
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router staying red

@Daf91 Welcome to the forums. Sounds like there is a fault. How does you phone line sound? - dial 17070 option 2 from a preferably corded phone - after the confirmation of you phone number there should be no sound apart fro the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - if there is any noise report a phone fault. It could also be a BT/OR network issue (my original thought) but that will need Help team involvement tomorrow.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Daf91 wrote:
... will not charge from the red/orange colour ...

Hello a warm welcome to the forums.

Which router?

If it is the Plusnet Hub One (white, with a coloured bar across the front) the we need to be precise about the colour...

• Red would suggest that the router has encountered a fault
  • Orange suggests that the router cannot sync with the exchange / establish a PPP session with Plusnet

I have not found it easy to find a guide to the significance of the LED colours on the Plusnet on-line guides, however given that the Hub One is a rebadged BTHH5a this should help - https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-can-t-connect/what-do-the-ligh... - though that guidance is not entirely helpful.  It is not clear if red indicates a router fault or a sync failure, leaving the possibility that orange is just a PPP session establishment problem.  In dumbing down the technical content BT has made self help less attainable!

Exactly what colour sequence do you see?  Does it go blue after green?  What is the state of the "b" light?

Have you tried accessing the router administration pages as per the fault finding guidance in the user manual?  That is check the account settings?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Looks like this issue was resolved with our Technical Support Team over the phone this morning, let us know if you have any further issues @Daf91 Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds