cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router losing power and connection intermittently

BPanther

Router losing power and connection intermittently

Hello,

I have a Plusnet Hub One router but in the past couple of weeks it has been losing connection and flashing orange and in the last week it has been losing power completely. It is intermittent so not sure if there is a fault with the router.
Does anyone have a fix or will I need a new router? If so how do I get one?
Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Router losing power and connection intermittently

@BPanther Welcome to the forums. From your description, I am going to say your Hub is not 'losing power', more that there is something  affecting your connection. Staff response times are a little extended, so:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about anything in this guide, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Router losing power and connection intermittently

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Router to Broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'