cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router flashing orange all weekend

ardy45
Hooked

Router flashing orange all weekend

Router flashing orange. No connection. Contacted Plusnet, told it would be fixed within 24hrs. Restarted. Factory Reset. No joy 😞
16 REPLIES 16
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router flashing orange all weekend

@ardy45 Which Hub - Hub1? Just flashing orange?

John
ardy45
Hooked

Hub 2, I think. Continuously flashing orange.
jab1
Legend

OK - that suggests there is a network problem, which is really in PN's hands. Is it possible to post a picture of your Hubs Help Desk page, just in case we may be able to spot something?

To get there: Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

John
ardy45
Hooked

Suggested screenshot attached.

jab1
Legend

Thanks for that picture, which confirms you are not connected, for some reason. Probably unrelated,  but I note the username is 'setup@plusdsl.net' - that should be 'yourusername@plusdsl.net' - can you try changing that and see if anything happens?

@bobpullen Just noticed you are around - any ideas?

John
ardy45
Hooked

I did attempt to change it to my username, it also requests a password. I tried my account login details but they didn't seem to work
jab1
Legend

Are you sure you are using the exact password associated with your account - it is case sensitive. Also, are there any 'special' characters in it - an alpha-numeric one is preferable?

John
ardy45
Hooked

Pretty sure the details were correct. I tried several times.

Do PN technical support actually work over the weekends or am I just being fobbed off?

Thank you for trying to help
jab1
Legend

OK - If as you say earlier you have tried a factory reset of the router, that should have picked up the username/password automatically, so there is something deeper going off, as I suspected, and why I tagged Bob Pullen - he's the tech guru on here.

With due respect to the phone support staff, they are not trained in everything, but should have an understanding of the basics, and will do what they can to help, but it should be noted that, especially at weekends, they are not always aware of everything.

If Bob doesn't pick this up, I would call in Monday morning, or hopefully, one of the Help Team will pick this up.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

OK - If as you say earlier you have tried a factory reset of the router, that should have picked up the username/password automatically, so there is something deeper going off

From the helpdesk report, there is no DSL sync. The factory reset will have reverted the username back to setup@plusdsl.net , since there is no DSL synch it can't connect to the PN servers to reconfigure.

@ardy45 if you haven't already reported a fault then do so

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW Didn't think of that, although I should have spotted it - must have my 'weekend' head on.

The OP says he has contacted phone support, and been advised 'it will be sorted in 24 hours' -bit of a 'cop-out' reply?

John
ardy45
Hooked

I'll try phoning PN again tomorrow. Thank you for your time.
ardy45
Hooked

Phoned PN Support this morning. Still the same response, "There appears to be an MSO Fault and will be resolved by 23:05".

What does MSO stand for?

Do I just wait a whole day again?
jab1
Legend

MSO = Major Service Outage (in the BT/OR network) - you will just have to wait until BT/OR sort it.  What is your exchange dialling code?

John