cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router barely working

charlie1234
Hooked

Router barely working

ive been sat by my router for an hour or so now trying to fix it - it originally just dropped out earlier as it always does (our broadband being bad is just a fact of life) but now its in an endless cycle of the broadband light flashing, some sort of connection being established allowing the internet to switch on, only for the broadband light to start flashing again anywhere from 10 sec to 2 mins later.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router barely working

Are you on ADSL or Fibre?

John
charlie1234
Hooked

hi john, originally the problem fixed itself but its come back again. i just need it to work for the next 2 weeks until we switch to fibre on another provider, but im on adsl.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Sounds as though you have a line fault - which if not fixed is just as likely to impact your FTTC service.

Is there noise on your phone line? Dial 17070 option 2.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

charlie1234
Hooked

its going to be fttp thankfully! and unfortunately we dont have a landline phone

charlie1234
Hooked

unusually the same thing happened this time as it did last time - i just used my data for a bit instead and then the broadband has just magically turned back on. however, it has dropped out multiple times over the past 3 or so days, usually in the early hours of the morning which wouldnt be an issue for any normal person but you know, shouldnt happen haha!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Most likely you have a bad joint on the line, but because you do not have an essential handset you are unable to do the basic quiet line test, nor know if someone has rung the number. Ring current / voltage applied to the line can fix damp joints for a short while.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @charlie1234

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your service. The details associated with your Community account are not allowing me to locate your Plusnet account.

If you could send me a Private Message with your account username that would be great. I'll run some tests on my end and will let you know what's going on.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds