cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Connected But No Internet

pricey759

Router Connected But No Internet

Help needed, please..

It seems that my email login details have been compromised and Plusnet have temporarily blocked access.  I spoke to someone on the helpline this morning and they talked me through resetting my email password.  However, even after doing this we were still unable to get the emails working so they opened a question and said that someone would get back to me.

A few minutes after the call ended, my internet connection went down. I assumed this was because my password had changed, so I've reset the router (Hub1) and gone through the proceedure for resetting my password.  The router set up page tells me that the router is connected, the blue light is on the router, and yet I still cannot connect to the internet. 

I'm trying to run my business from home and desperately need access to the internet.  I know Plusnet must be short-staffed at the moment, so has anyone out there got any ideas' please? 

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Router Connected But No Internet

It sounds like the router username is still at setup@pndsl or something similar.

Have you tried entering your username and password?

Or holding the reset pinhole for 30 seconds?

pricey759

Thanks, Mustrum, but I've tried putting in my correct username and the new password, but the problem persists.  I will try the reset, though...

I'll let you know how I get on.

pricey759

Hope... Neither of those ideas worked, I'm afraid.  The blue light is on and steady, the router set up says it's connected to the internet, but no joy in tring to connect from my laptop.  I'm at a loss...

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It could be your laptop, have you tried another device?

Is the router saving your username and password?

pricey759

I have - both my phone and my wife's iPad. Same issue with both of them..

The router seems to revert to the standard username - something like "setup@plusnetdsl" or similar, but when I change the password, it remembers that.  I've tried putting the old password back in and it says that it cannot connect, but put the new password back in and bingo! It says I'm connected.

But I'm not.....

Tomca
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@pricey759 Thanks for contacting us.

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the connection, if you're still having issues then please send us a private message with your username and we'll have a look at this for you.

Thanks- Carl

Carl Tomlinson
 Plusnet Help Team