cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rock Bottom speed

exporters
Grafter

Re: Rock Bottom speed

Adam,  pleasantly amazed the quick response you PN folks get from BT, in this case the REIN chap. We may moan on the forums about them but I must say, full marks & thank you.
Fortunately my wife was in; he crawled over everything she tells me [but not everyone!] with a small radio picking up various noises.  Coming back when he has a reach truck to finally give OK to the pole supplying our 'line in' & will replace that line up to BT internal socket. He has picked up mains noise but not certain if that is cause.
I'm leaving router on tonight [Tue]& for next day or so, having tried switching off last night.  Last 7 hrs HEC/CRC/FEC all 4 up & FEC 577 down others 0.  Assume if steady as she goes continues, over next 3 days we might get improved downloads
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi exporters,
Thanks a lot. I'm happy that we did get a very quick response from the REIN guys on this one, maybe they are getting bored of me hassling them, well if that technique works so be it! I'm back on the phone to BTW now so I'll update you again when I have the full notes and can see the bigger picture more clearly.
Glad to hear it sounds hopeful so far (fingers crossed)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Its difficult to obtain a high level of detail on this at present but the REIN engineer has done some more work to your line.
Namely they have replaced all the E and D side cabling (line between the exchange and street cabinet and also from the cabinet to the premises) they did also replace all the over and underground cabling. From the sounds of it monitoring equipment is also in place so its a bit of a waiting game now whilst more work is being done to try and pin-point the root cause of the fault.
I'm sorry I can't push for much more in the meantime but we will come back to this on the 26th which is BTW's next review date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Hi Adam, your 'hassling' course must have resulted in a 1st Class honours.
Being at the receiving end of the BT REIN gang could not have been much better; painstaking, methodical approach to identifying the 'Why?' of the existing problems. Yesterday 1.5hrs back this morning [another 4.5hrs] with hoist platform, replaced  to house wiring from pole. Identified mains entry to house as a possible interference.
I was left with the sneaking feeling that somebody had kicked started BT, who were taking the task seriously & that can only be a push/shove from PN - well done.
John Anderson [BT], left a BT router as a stand by in case the Thomson might be faulty; Thomson after 5 hrs  shows FEC Errors (Up/Down):7 / 895, CRC Errors (Up/Down):17 / 2, HEC Errors (Up/Down): 10 / 2.  I do not know if this is good/bad.
At present BT speedtester d/loads show 3.8Meg & IP 5000 [was 1.8 and 2000 before BT came today] - will it last, I'll let you know!  Champagne on hold at present but optimistic.  Grateful thanks.
exporters
Grafter

It's as if BT Special Faults team just got serious!  The figs. coming up my side are the best I've had since joining PN.
Always cautious after a number of false dawns in the past, I'm of no doubt that without PN's determination to get this sorted, I would still be struggling to even get a BT engineer to look @ things.
In the meantime, I'll keep a close watch & thank you Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great news,
We'll keep a close eye on things as promised over the next few days and will update you re findings from the REIN tests on the 26th.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Ian,
Just to keep you up to date (in a sense!) Our suppliers seem to have an issue which means that I cannot reach them by phone at the moment. Please bear with me as I will be in touch me more details as soon as I am able to gather them.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Well Adam, my end looks v. good after 8 days. 
The REIN, BT engineer telephoned  this morning to check on my experience/comments [this guy is really good, I've put his name on ticket should you care to give him star.  Committed, knowledgeable & thorough].  He was surprised himself
@ line quality after the tweaks, replacements etc. BT had implemented.  I'm optimistic that this fix will supply the service that I had expected from PN when I signed up. 
Whilst stability is now there, can I expect d/loads to creep up a bit more; I notice a gradual falling off but nothing dramatic, over last 2/3 days.
A big thank you for persevering on my behalf.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fatastic news,
The REIN engineer involved has been a credit to us, good to see some great work from Openreach there.
Thanks for the kind words about me too Smiley glad to see that this at least for now (trying to be realistic rather than pessimistic there!) of course if the worst comes to worst then you know who to bother.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Well Adam, I've just closed my ticket after 7 mths. Hurrah.
My line is now showing a steady, consistent connection & low snr. after 9/10 days - only hope it will continue.  Seems it took PN's perseverance with BT, [ not to mention my frayed nerves & rants], to get a thorough assessment/action. 
I'm more the wiser about the frailty and numerous likely problems that can plague some of us getting a reliable BB service through BT.  I do not wish to go through this again.
So, thank you PN & well done; I am pleasantly satisfied with my lot & will now quieten down!
AngryPa
Grafter

Hi Exporters,
So glad your problem has been resolved. You kindly me offered words of encouragement when I was experiencing slow speeds and constant disconnections, some weeks ago.
I'm happy to report all ok at my end now although I only had 4 months to wait, well done for having the patience to wait 7 months.
I'm raising a glass to the hope that we both never have to go through this again, and of course to the persistent Adam.
Regards,
AngryPa
exporters
Grafter

Well AngryPa, good to hear from you. 
I have deliberately kept my head below the parapet, with arms, fingers & legs crossed that I would not wake up to the nightmare I was having in the first months of this year.
After much perseverence by PlusNet teckies as they pushed BT Openreach to get their act together,  my moans & groans were listened to.  Result, stable connections, no drops and best stats I've had since joining PN a year ago.  It's been like this for over a month.  I'm off for the next five weeks - just hope I will find the same stability when I return & switch the router on!
I'm a happy bunny so will join you in a toast. 'To Adam & the team'.

Cheers, Ian