Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated bridge cases - Still no internet :(

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Repeated bridge cases - Still no internet :(

I've spoken to 2 managers within BT Wholesale today as I am not too happy with the responses we have been receiving especially given the long delay you are currently experiencing.

It seems that the team the matter was handed to are not the team who handle the issue in question and have pushed this back into the normal queue, I have requested the priority be raised further and this matter be dealt with as an incident at the BT wholesale side due to the ongoing system issues causing delays to you.

I am expecting an update by 2PM tomorrow at the latest and will get back to you by 3PM to let you know how things are looking, I have pushed for work to go ahead today however have not been given that promise so want to make sure at the very least I set your expectations correctly.

If you have any questions in regards to this or anything to do with your account at all in the mean-time how ever please do let me know and I'll get back to you asap Smiley 

DT123
Dabbler

@Darkfire Thanks for the update. Hopefully we will see this fixed by tomorrow. Smiley

Appreciate the help.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@DT123 wrote:

It seems to me i'm just getting palmed off every day with no firm reason or justification for the delay. The best info I have received yet is from @Darkfire on this thread. Surely if its a data base error it shouldn't take 10 bridge cases to correct the problem.

Be assured that now @Darkfire is looking after this BTw will have less chance to hide in the shadows, as much as they might try.  It is an unfortunate truth that BTw's admin (when things go wrong within their systems) is abysmal.

You are correct, it should not take more than one bridge case, but nothing is joined up within BTw or BT Openreach - I've seen far too much disjointed performance over the years, which is why I just happen to know which PlusNET guys are exceptionally good at fixing particular issues.  For these kind of supply issues, the best PN person known to me is on your case - after that it's down to BTw to do the right thing.

Sadly you might have to write to the CEO of BT to move things along.  I have done that in the past and it got PlusNET access to additional esclation channels.  Yes it is sad, but BT needs a root and branch pruning of dead unhelpful wood ... But today we are here to help get your line sorted, via the only channels available.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DT123
Dabbler

@Darkfire @Townman

Hi Guys, 

See at the bottom of this message the latest reply i have received. I was wondering is there any possibility that we can get a temporary service enabled until this is resolved. The property in question had normal broadband up-to this and now this order is for Fibre broadband. Would Plusnet be able to turn on normal broadband in the meantime until this case is resolved. 

Regarding emailing BTw CEO i did this last week using a website called customercare.org. As of yet I haven't received a reply. 

Are there any routes of complaining i can undertake from public bodies etc? I'm at a loss as what to do here.

"CSC Analyst

11:34am, Thursday 6 Apr 2017

Dear Mr

I have spoken to our suppliers today.

Unfortunately the original bridge case has not found a resolution. This has now been escalated to a further level and we have been asked to check back on the 11/04/2017 for a further update.

We will continue to monitor, apologies for the inconvenience.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at Contact Us or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can assist with anything else.

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 11th April at 7:00am.

Kind regards,"

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting me know about that, I'll be honest and state I haven't checked your actual account today however have been watching over the case raised with BT Wholesale.

The physical work to connect you is completed, the job is signed off with Openreach from their end however the order is stuck in one of the  middle systems that sits between BT Wholesale and Openreach, this system(called Flow) is where all of the problems you are experiencing are coming from, the order needs manually progressing through this stage so that the BT Wholesale systems can update and activate you correctly/close your order as complete.

The latest information I have is from just before 9:30 this morning where the matter was picked up by the Problem Management team, I've been asked to allow them until 3PM before contacting further to allow work to go ahead but I will update you shortly after then 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good afternoon, 

Sorry once again for the delay in reponse, I've spoken to BT Wholesale once more and checked the notes they have given to us, the case is still open, as if your order however is being worked on as we speak by a further part of the Application Support Group(ASG).

They have advised me this should all be completed by the end of today, I will keep an eye on this over the next few hours and hopefully all goes ahead from here as expected,  should any issues arise I will of course let you know as soon as I possibly can and raise the matter further so that we can get you the service you require Smiley 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Morning! Smiley

As discussed in PM it looks like you may also be subject to a phone line fault however I am happy to confirm that the broadband order has completed and the service physically activated, if you could let me know once you've tried that other filter we will sort out getting the final things sorted by the longstanding issues you've had are at least out of the way now.

DT123
Dabbler

Hi @Darkfire

I have got the broadband up and running. Many thanks for your help. Smiley

I have one last question. The speed is only  averaging 3.5 mb/s. I have tested this each day over the weekend. 

As this is coming from the same cabinet as the property next door should we not see similar speeds?

See my screenshots in an earlier post showing the two properties. The actual speed test results for next door average 12mb/s. I could understand a slight difference but this difference seems quite significant. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,

@Darkfire noted that there's a phone fault, but did not indicate if it is resolved or needs engineer attendance.

Can you please check the phone line for noise and post the router stats. I'll take a look and advise further tomorrow.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Townman turns out no phone fault, issues are resolved on that end Smiley 

@DT123 I've upped your speed profile to match the speed you are connecting to the exchange at, if you reboot the router you should see an increase

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Darkfire wrote:

if you reboot the router you should see an increase

...or better still just drop the PPP (internet connection) session in the router admin pages IF that option exists.