Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing devices off the wifi

FIXED
bpricey00
Hooked

Removing devices off the wifi

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way where i can remove devices off the Wi-Fi that aren't belonging to me, aka neighbours, etc. Thank you.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Removing devices off the wifi

Where are these 'devices' showing? A screenshot of the relevant page would help.

John
bpricey00
Hooked

There is no "relevant page" all im asking is, is there a way you can disconnect devices manually. When I was with BT i could do it straight from the settings on the pc, now with plusnet I am unable to do so. My neighbours came over not long ago and had the password to the internet now to later find out they have cancelled their internet and now they are just using mine, So I just want them off the connection.

jab1
Legend

Fix

Ah, OK - then the easiest way is to change the router password/key. Which router are you using?

John
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Change your WiFi password. Ah, beaten to it! 🤣

jab1
Legend

Think that is what I said?

John
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

You did indeed @jab1 , though your reply wasn't visible until after I first posted. Hence the edit and abbreviation.

IF @bpricey00 has a hub two you can actually go in and apply a time schedule (and so effectively ban) specific devices if changing the WiFi password isn't desirable.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@HPsauce beat me to it ... whilst I was looking up the details - see here Access Control

You'll need to log in to the router admin page.

Changing the WiFi password is a pain, but ensures that no device can get back in.  Setting up access control is surgical, but needs repeating should they acquire new devices.

Is this your neighbour? https://youtu.be/zZ_zyLNSYaA?feature=shared

You know that this is all your fault for letting the WiFi leak into your neighbour's house! Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bpricey00
Hooked

Thank you both so much for your help. I’ve done what you’ve said to do. Hopefully it’s worked. Thank you again! You’ve been so much help!
bpricey00
Hooked

Thank you!