cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular ADSL Broadband or 4G/5G Router?

reene11

Regular ADSL Broadband or 4G/5G Router?

Hi everyone,

So now that the renovation of my flat is well underway, I got to the point where I was supposed to get my Internet sorted. Much to my chagrin, I discovered that the Virgin Media access that I thought was available based on the "Check broadband coverage" on the Rightmove property ad did not exist.

Had I known about this before, I would have probably looked elsewhere as we are two adults working from home for at least the remainder of the year, and an ADSL connection doesn't cut it.

While frantically looking for options I managed to come across the Three 5G broadband offer, and I am apparently in their coverage area. Do you have any experience with it? If 5G is not available, would a 4G router be better than the bog standard copper?

Thanks for the advice, as always.

2 REPLIES 2
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Regular ADSL Broadband or 4G/5G Router?

@reene11 

Have you checked the following to see what's available to you via the OpenReach network.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Regular ADSL Broadband or 4G/5G Router?

@reene11 wrote:

Do you have any experience with it? If 5G is not available, would a 4G router be better than the bog standard copper?

It all depends!  Consult the availability checker.

There are areas where 3/4/5G is better than the wet string which passes for copper, just the same as there are places (even in cities) where mobile is painfully slow ... whilst in some rural locations, bog standard copper can be lightening fast!

There is no universal answer to your question.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.