cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red internet light

Adi1210

Red internet light

Hi, I can't get any wifi internet at all can anyone help.
Customer support takes too long.
I've got dial tone on my phone line and everything is plugged in fine. It's started playing up the last week or so and finally gone off tonight. I've 3 yellow lights and a red.
4 REPLIES 4
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Red internet light

Which router do you have?  According to the booklet that came with my router it can't show a red wi-fi light so you probably have another version.  Anyway, turn off wi-fi on your computer and plug the router into the computer.  Does this get you online?

Adi1210

Hi, thanks for your reply, I don't have a computer to try this, but I have unplugged everything and it's still red.
I've been with plus net for 4 years and not had much trouble until now.
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

We could do with some more information, as in which router are you using etc.

Have a look through this page - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ - by scrolling down to the 4 sections. Let us know what you've tried and hopefully somebody will help from there.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the broadband light is on and green, a red internet light usually means the username/password the router is attempting to connect with is wrong.

- Open a web browser
- Go to 192.168.1.254
- Log in to the router if prompted (the username and password are printed on the router)
- Go to the broadband or connection settings
- Check the broadband username is YOURUSERNAME@plusdsl.net
- Change the connection password to your password
- Click connect

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.