Radius Log Request

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Radius Log Request

I wouldn't bother John, the graphs are showing nothing new at present. Maybe concentrate on updating RSL to v10.0 and check it runs OK and get ready for your holiday. Hope you are feeling better btw.
jab1
Legend

OK, AO - I'll update the desktop to V10 when I get back from Mums' tonight, and let it run overnight just make sure it's running right.
Think I'm nearly there - it least bed is not quite so inviting.  Smiley
John
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm. Now that is interesting. That drop at 1459 shows absolutely no change in US sync speed, not even a glitch. Do the RSL logs show any change in speed? If not, maybe think about trying an alternative modem/router when you come back.
jab1
Legend

OK - I'm back.  Smiley
SNRM graphs for 21/8/15 - these are from the laptop as my desktop keyboard is u/s, and the spare is at my sisters.
Two incoming phone calls - one at 1106 which appears to have played havoc with the connection, one at 1542 which only affected the u/s.
Until I reclaim the keyboard, there will be no overnight graphs.
John
jab1
Legend

jab1
Legend
Anotherone
Champion

Hi John, well it's certainly not improved any, whilst you've been away. You may as well just post the SNRM graphs where it's especially bad, and those where there is sync loss with a matching sync speed graph.
What's the Quiet Line Test giving at present? If you are getting plenty of crackling type noises you might as well try the Phone Troubleshooter (as found here) unless you still have a fault ticket open, and hope the automated test picks up the fault and reports it.
jab1
Legend

Thanks AO - will do as you suggest re: the SNRM graphs. I've had no sync loss since ~1600 on the 22nd, but I'm sure that will change very soon - if only because BT are doing maintenance on both the main Sheffield exchange and my local one this week.
I haven't run a QLT since my return - will do that sometime tomorrow. Crackling/distortion on calls is intermittent, sometimes at the start of call and then clears, sometimes well into the call (if it is a long one).
I have no fault ticket open at this time, so will run the Phone Troubleshooter. Before I do that, can you please advise (in your opinion), if you think the fault is definitely external? Sorry to be a pain on this, but I don't want PN/BT coming back and blaming my equipment, if there is any chance that it could be.
John
Anotherone
Champion

If you can hear noise on the Quiet Line Test, then I would do a Graceful Disconnect of the modem/router and then plug the phone straight into the test socket. Do the Quiet Line Test from there. Trouble with these intermittent faults is just that they are intermittent. Wiggle things about and make sure you can't provoke an increase/decrease in noise. Plug the phone in an out of the socket a few time to help clean any oxidation.
jab1
Legend

No noise on the QLT today - 4 checks about 2.1/2 hours apart.
One outgoing and one incoming call, neither of which caused any noise, but as usual, caused the SNRM to fluctuate during the call.
Don't want to disturb anything at the moment - not had a PPP drop or a re-sync since 1640 on the 22nd - so will leave things alone until/unless I get another bout of instability.
Thanks for your help/suggestions so far.
John
Anotherone
Champion

No problem. If things get a bit bad, and the Phone Troubleshooter doesn't pick up a fault, do a "Graceful Disconnect" and then with the Modem/router being off-line give the QLT and the Ring back (option 1) a good tanking and see if it reduces the noise. If it doesn't and you have a nice crackly line, get on the phone to report it whilst it's noisy. Get the agent to confirm they can hear the noise and ask them to log that fact also that it's intermittent. (Check you ticket later to make sure they did).
jab1
Legend

Hope I'm not tempting fate here, but things seem to have settled down. The phone has been quiet since my last post and apart from an occaisional IP change, I haven't noticed any problems with the BB connection.
Just for info, here are yesterdays SNRM graphs - interestingly, I had NO phone calls at all, so all variations are due to some external influence.
John
Anotherone
Champion

The iffy joint I expect is the external influence. I'd be surprised if the one at 1153 didn't give a sync loss - which would of course result in an IP address change because of the PPP drop that would go with it. The sync speed, if you want to check it, if you aren't otherwise keeping tabs on it will be in the RS Log.
As for the other two DS SNRM excursions to 0, odd not quite sure what to deduce from them. That is unusual behaviour, with no similar drop on the US.