cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh

Assos
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh

FWIW - SamKnows will actually tell you the ofcom classification of your exchange - http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php - exchanges with the lower prices are "Market 3". Kitz also has a similar tool on her website that will tell you the ofcom classification  - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php
Quote from: Oldjim
I can answer that because I just did it.
Put your phone number in here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php and it will tell you how many LLU providers there are in your exchange
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: jelv
I see the lucky sods on Market 2 and 3 get the price cuts now.

I can only see reduced pricing for 3, what do Market 2 get that's different?
(my exchange is Market 2 and will stay that way as it's under 10,000)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What about those customers who signed up on 12 month contracts on the special offers - can we move to the new products or not

Yep they can, you'll need to sign up for an 18 month contract as per new customers, but you'll also get the same lead price as them. You'll lose any existing discounts you may have on your account if you switch.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I recently signed up for the £3 discount for committing to 12 months. My first billing month where this discount applies will be the 21st Feb. Can I still switch to the Value product?

Yep, see my above reply to oldjim.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

Yep me too.  As far as I know Market 1 and Market 2 are in the same boat at the moment, and Market 3 are the ones to get the discount.  This is because OFCOM deregulated Market 3 exchanges, which means BT can offer lower prices in those exchanges.  I'm in a Market 2 exchange with 4 LLU providers, but only around 4000 properties, so Market 3 is well out of reach.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Will those of us on Market 1 exchanges continue to pay exactly the same price as users on Market 2 and 3 exchanges or will there come a point at which there are discounted prices for those on Market 2 or on Market 3 exchanges?

Market 3 exchanges are the only ones to receive a discount at the moment. However the prices are pretty competitive across the board. If the wholesale price in Markets 1 and 2 change I'm sure we will reconsider the pricing model.
Is there any news on pricing for users on 21CN exchanges?

Customers on the 21CN trial can get these products, we'll make more announcements when the launch of 21CN is complete.
At first look this change smacks of going for the mass market rather than appealing to those who value quality and service. We've been seeing significant numbers of people joining, the EOD's frequently highlight the numbers of people enquiring and of new users requiring help with setup so I'm totally mystified as to why there has been such a radical change of direction.
Quite frankly this smacks of massive interference in the running of Plusnet by your new owners and they're panicking having made such a massive cock-up of their own business. This appealing to the masses is just going for maximum growth and I strongly suspect that we will be seeing a degradation in the service. Whereas in the past the expected performance levels on BBYW 1/2/3 were the minimums I bet these become the norms - were the download speed problems we've seen recently the preparation for this rollout? It looks like we are back to the bad market share/money grubbing days running up to the BT takeover. Sad

We are aiming to appeal to both markets. IMO these products will reaffirm that we can provide competitive products, whilst still maintaining the Plusnet service and support you expect.
Chris
Legend

I can only see reduced pricing for 3, what do Market 2 get that's different?

Mand's just answered a similar question, hopefully this explains.
Market 3 exchanges are the only ones to receive a discount at the moment. However the prices are pretty competitive across the board. If the wholesale price in Markets 1 and 2 change I'm sure we will reconsider the pricing model.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: Spider
First impression, this is not an unlimited product as there are rate limits at certain times of day. This is the sort of marketing I detest. Unlimited downloads yes, but unlimited broadband, no.

We advertise it as unlimited usage, the traffic management details are available for anyone interested before signup here :
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
you'll need to sign up for an 18 month contract as per new customers,

And here is the really BAD part  Angry
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Interested in this, especially uas my usage for this month has gone! However, i aint signing up for no 18 month contract  extension!!!
Just because Plusnet are open and honest about its 'Unlimited' product and that there ARE restrictions on  it, does that make it/them any better than the alternatives that are half the price?
Assos
Grafter

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
Just because Plusnet are open and honest about its 'Unlimited' product and that there ARE restrictions on  it, does that make it/them any better than the alternatives that are half the price?

Whilst I'm no fan of long contracts (and won't be switching to / reccomending anyone the new products for that reason) I would rather know where I stand, wrt traffic shaping etc which with this offering I would. Not entirely sure of the competitors prices, but I'd be suprised if they are half the price by the time everything is taken into account.
scootie
Grafter

just signed up to unlimited.
1 its an 18 month contract and have to pay all ramaing monthly bills if you leave in that period.
2 no pro rata payments if your customer allready gets acctavited on your account on your next billing date Sad is there no option to pro rata and get the product on my account today chirs please i have signed my live away for 18 months surely you can do me favour and get a pro rata done and get unlimited on my line today.
pretty plz chirs
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Am I reading the expected downstream speeds correctly  - at peak times on Unlimited and Value nothing goes over 2Mb/s
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Whilst i would NEVER go back to them.
Tiscali's option 1 IS exactly half of what i pay Plusnet every month.
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
... We advertise it as unlimited usage, ...

I beg to differ. From the Blog Page, the title says 'Unlimited Broadband'. From Plusnet home page 'Plusnet Unlimited Broadband'. I agree that in bold it says 'Unlimited Usage' in the product features, but I do not see an equal emphasis on 'rate limited at certain times of day.
So to recap the marketing says very clearly:
Unlimited Broadband
Unlimited Usage
Now hunt for the restrictions.