cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 1 Issues

mrbones1

Plusnet Hub 1 Issues

Does anyone else have issues with Plusnet Hub 1?  Whilst browsing web pages and using apps the internet seems sporadic at best.  It seems as though I'm getting packet loss on a regular basis.  Its almost impossible streaming anything via wireless but I can a smooth stream via TP link with the occasional drop off with live sport.

Prior to this I've been with BT and Sky and not had any issues with the router/internet at any point.

I've done all the tests on the line (attached).  Has anyway found a way to overcome this?

Any help would be great!

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Plusnet Hub 1 Issues

@mrbones1 This is not an issue with the Hub1, it is an issue with the line. Please check your phone-line for noise:-

dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @mrbones1, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the issues with your service! I have tested your line and this has detected a fault in the network, so we will need to look at sending an engineer for you. 

I have created a fault ticket here for you with the next steps in getting this sorted for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221575321. If you add a reply, just give us a nudge on here and I'll get that picked up and progressed for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mrbones1

Hi Lauren
Thank you for getting back to me do quickly. If you could book in an engineer that would be great.
mrbones1

Thank you for your advice. I don't have a home phone so bought the cheapest one I could find!
Now that I know this I can check if there is a fault on the line a bit quicker.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @mrbones1, I'm not seeing a reply on the ticket with your availability. Can you please add a reply here:  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221575321 and give me a nudge once done?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mrbones1

Apologies I missed that from response!

My partner is free every Thursday/Friday so if we could schedule it for one of those days that would be great.

Many thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, we're not able to book appointments via request on the forums I'm afraid and need this provided on the account (as this passes security checks).

Can you please add a reply on the ticket I've linked above with the availability so I can get this arranged for you? In case you are having issues replying on the ticket, I have sent a text you can reply to also.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@mrbones1 wrote:
Thank you for your advice. I don't have a home phone so bought the cheapest one I could find!
Now that I know this I can check if there is a fault on the line a bit quicker.

My partner is free every Thursday/Friday so if we could schedule it for one of those days that would be great.

Indeed a hand set is an ESSENTAL diagnostic tool which as you rightly suggest will for many issue save everyone a substantial amount of time.  There are line error conditions which do not lend themselves to being detected by the remote tests - especially intermittent ones, which are responsible for a significant number of broadband service issues.

Plusnet cannot accept engineer bookings via the forum - you need to update the fault report ticket on your account by the link provided by @LaurenB  above.  Note that the faults management is undertaken by a different team using the faults ticket system, not via this forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @mrbones1, it looks like our faults team have beat me to your response and booked the engineer for you Smiley

If you add a reply on the ticket at any point, feel free to give us a nudge on here and we can pick it up for you. if you have any further queries in the meantime, please just let us know.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team