Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please reset fibre connection

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Please reset fibre connection

Since starting this request Interleaving has now been disabled on my line.
This will only make things worse!

The ticket is only going in the direction of a BT visit together with a threat of a £60 charge. -- been there done that before, there's no point in more BT visits they have refused to replace the faulty cables in the past.
Please can someone from Plusnet say if it's possible to have my fibre connection reset or at least have the banded profile removed and interleaving enabled without the threat of a £60 charge.
AndyH
Grafter

How do you know interleaving has been disabled?
I didn't realise that was possible for FTTC.
npr
Pro

It says so in my plusnet ticket.
Profile Name    9M-18M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 0.128M-0.8M Upstream, Interleaving Off
Also my TG672 provides VDSL router stats, one of which is interleaving depth. Wink
Now interleaving is disable I can see a increase in error in the routers stats, so I expect the next thing will be a even more restricted branded profile.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Quote from: npr
... there's no point in more BT visits they have refused to replace the faulty cables in the past.

Hi npr,
Are you stating here that BTOR admit that the cable is faulty, yet the still refuse to replace it?
If that is correct, then it is truly time that the CEO of PN went face to face with his BT counter-parts and sorted this nonsense out.  There are at least 3 long running issues on the forum related to aluminium d-side cables which BTOR engineers state to be faulty / degraded which BTOR management refuse to rectify.
Come on Andy, "Do your customers proud and stop accepting this poor service from your supplier!".

At least you have the insight in being able to see the VDSL router stats, something the BT supplied modem seeks to hide... I wonder why?  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

npr
Pro

Not sure they have actually admitted the cable is faulty. IIRC they said the 0.6mbps upstream I was getting at the time was all the aluminium d-side was capable of. They continued to ignore the fact that one BT visit was after the technician had been installing fibre at a house across the road, they told me the upstream sync there was 3.6mbps -- same cabinet same pole.
BT have also said, through a plusnet ticket, that they will not be replacing the aluminium cable.
If only there was an alternative to BT. (sigh)
npr
Pro

Please can someone from Plusnet say if it's possible to have my fibre connection reset or at least have the banded profile removed and interleaving enabled without the threat of a £60 charge.

Can someone from Plusnet please comment.
npr
Pro

Interleaving has been turned on this morning but too late to prevent my upstream profile from being reduced again.
This fibre connection is now syncing at:
down: 17999 mbps
Up: 0.491 mbps
Note:
The error levels on this connection are very low, it does not need to be restricted so much with this silly banded profile.

Modem state:                          up
Up time (Days hh:mm:ss):              0 days, 3:03:20
xDSL Standard:                        ITU-T G.993.2
Channel Mode:                                Interleaved
Number of reset:                      0
Chipset Vendor info (G.994.1):            Local        Remote
Country code:                          B500          B500
ID:                                    BDCM          IFTN
Specific:                              0000          B203
System Vendor info (showtime):          Local        Remote
Country code:                        0F00          0000
ID:                                  TMMB          ----
Specific:                            3C61          0000
Bearers generic info                    DS            US     
Payload rate [Kbps]:              17999        491 
Attenuation [dB]:                  26.1          7.7           
Margins [dB]:                      12.4          5.2           
Output power [dBm]:                11.2          5.9           
Number of bearers:                  1
Bearer 0                            DS            US     
INP [DMT symbols]:                3.50          0.00         
Delay [ms]:                        8.00          0.00         
Depth []:                        577            0.00
R:                              10            0     
G.997.1 Statistics (Current):       
Failures:
Line failures                            Near end
Loss of signal (LOS):                0     
Loss of frame (LOF):                  0     
Loss of power (LPR):                0     
Performance monitoring:
Line PM:                            Near end
Error second (ES):                  2     
Channel PM:                        Near end    Far end
Bearer 0:
Code Violation (CV):            4            2     
FEC:                            14101        0     
ATM data path PM:                    Near end    Far end
Bearer 0:
HEC violation count (HEC):            7            N/A
npr
Pro

Can someone from Plusnet please comment.

I give up.  Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

NPR,
Chris who deals with the really techy stuff has been off for a couple of days, so do not loose hope!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi npr,
Apologies for the delayed response - I've been away for a few days.
The £60 potential charge only applies if an engineer visits your premises and finds a fault to be with your equipment. The charge does not apply if you require your DLM to be reset. We have to give the potential charge statement to each customer before sending out an engineer.
Your upstream rate is too low given the downstream sync rate anyhow so it looks as though an engineer will need to get that sorted out for you. Assuming that nothing at the premises has changed, I can't see how or why you would be charged.
npr
Pro

Hi Chris,
Are BT refusing to adjust this banded profile without a visit or have PN not asked?
I suspect the cause of the recent reduction in sync was due to interleaving being switched off -- can this be permanently enabled.
After all of the BT visits I had last year I don't see the need for any more, I really don't wish to be drawn into that pointless and frustrating exercise again. That is unless they change their minds about replacing the aluminium d-side.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi npr,
It's not really a case of BT refusing to adjust the banded profile as the profile can't just be manually adjusted, at present, you would need a DLM Reset to be carried out or wait for DLM to change the banding accordingly. When we request a DLM Reset, it's part of an engineers visit - that's the only way we can attempt have it done unfortunately.
Interleaving can be left on permanently but it would require that you be moved onto the 'Stable' policy which may see a slight reduction in your sync rate but will keep Interleaving on. There isn't a facility for us or our suppliers to pick and choose, as you can on ADSL to enable/disable Interleaving or set it to Auto. DLM pretty much makes all the decisions for lines that require is automatically and most of the time, for good reason (not in all cases).