Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping Spikes

blackbolt
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Ping Spikes

So I've already tried using the report fault thing and having someone change stuff to fix my ping, but it's the same. But now my speeds are lower than before. Changed router,filter, etc.

1 REPLY 1
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Ping Spikes

Hello @blackbolt

Thanks a lot for reaching out, before I address the issues on your line, in order to get the best our of our Community Forum, and the members on here, it'd be helpful if you provide a little more information in future posts. Info regarding your ping (numeric), the type of broadband you're on, upload and download speeds, that kind of thing. Smiley

Anyway, testing your line this has found it to have been rather intermittent last week, but appears to have settled down over the weekend. I'll pop a visual radius below which will show drop outs etc.

In terms of speed, we did place an order to increase the stability profile on the line on 11/10/2021, I can see why this was done, on long lines such as yours, trading speed for extra stability will provide you with a more reliable connection, saying that, speeds are still above those that we advised you to expect on your contract, coming through at around 13.3Mbps.

The odd disconnection is inevitable on a long as long as yours, it's just about getting the balance right between speed and stability.

Ping issues can be caused by a wide array of factors, some of which are outside of our domain, though a high ping reading can sometimes be a symptom of an underlying fault on the network, there isn't one here. Smiley

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID:   Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 26-10-2021 08:37:05
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 13.5 24.5
SNR Margin: 14.5 12.1
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 14946 33602
Speed: 888 13353

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 15904 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 12723
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 30090 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 116
Indicative Line Quality: C Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 1468
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Radius
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds