cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping Spikes Every 10 Seconds No Support

zakf782
Dabbler

Ping Spikes Every 10 Seconds No Support

I've tried chatting to support about Ping spikes but they seem to not be trained on that subject very well & using there text service to identify an issue isn't working for me either because its not picking up my mobile number. 

So for 2 months now I've been having issues with streaming & gaming where every x amount of seconds I get large ping spikes ranging from 150ms upto 1000ms sometimes. Which is obviously causing lag and buffering. 

I monitor this a lot 

I'm hardwired in with ethernet. 

My Box is fine 

My lines in the house are perfect 

(One thing I can tell you is someone is always down at our roadside exchange box fiddling with the box) I understand they need maintaining but seems every month maybe a couple times I see someone at the box doing something. 

I had enough of trying to sort this via the phone the support are not trained technicians so dont really know anything other than what's in front of there screen on there scripts. 

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Ping Spikes Every 10 Seconds No Support

@zakf782 wrote:

(One thing I can tell you is someone is always down at our roadside exchange box fiddling with the box) I understand they need maintaining but seems every month maybe a couple times I see someone at the box doing something. 

... the support are not trained technicians so dont really know anything ...

@zakf782 

If you're actually on FTTP (as you've posted in the Full Fibre board) "the roadside exchange box" has nothing to do with your connection.

zakf782
Dabbler

Thats my bad its normal broadband cant get full fiber here 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Full Fibre to Broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'