cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain with router

Lordy2006

Pain with router

I have a plusnet router and it was frequently disconnecting me and flashing orange occasionally showing the B light on the router. I have since reset it and now it does not work at all unless I split the 2.4 and 5ghz connections, which makes the 2,4ghz usable but the 5ghz still provides no connection. I have also unplugged my ethernet, which I plug into my PC and that seems to have stopped the orange flashing and B light disconnecting me every 30 minutes whilst gaming. Basically, does anyone have any clue as to how I can use my 5ghz internet or Ethernet without any problems. 

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Pain with router

@Lordy2006 Which Hub is it? How long have you been a PN customer? Has it worked reliably previously? Answers to these questions would help, but may lead to more. 😉

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

If you are seeing an orange light an the red B it is probably noting to go with WiFi but everything to do with the phone line.

Start off with a QLT - dial 17070 option 2 and advise of how much noise there is.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

I was kind of thinking along those lines too, @Townman , but the initial post left me a little confused - thought my questions might lead to a faster resolution, but maybe not.

John
Lordy2006

Plusnet hub 1

Three years

3. Yes

Lordy2006

Did that and there was a bit of noise but not that much

jab1
Legend

OK, @Lordy2006 How much was 'a bit of noise'? - the line should be totally silent. I was going to post my full 'Help Guide', but as you have reported a phone issue, I suggest you follow this link: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/

John
Lordy2006

definitely not silent, turns out the problem with 5ghz is my wifi driver on my pc got corrupted somehow, reinstalled it and can now get 5ghz. Thanks for all the help, i will follow the other link now 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If your phone line isn't silent on the Quiet Line Test then you need to get that fixed first. It may involve an engineer.
Your router's WiFi may be a different problem, but your priority has to be removing the landline noise.

Until that is fixed then your internet will not be right. It happened to me years ago.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi @Lordy2006 and I'm sorry about the disconnections you're experiencing. Can you drop me a private message with your username please so I can take a look into it for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team